MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tell the truth...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
If the winds dies down, I'll for sure be finding a few caches in the cold.

It's the wind that keeps me inside also. I was going to try to hide a few on Saturday, but by the time I got home from the auction, the wind was picking up. It was easier to stay inside and bottle beer!
NYSandy23
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saved some of those street sign/skirt lifters for just this kind of cold snap and thankfully thee are a few events in the next few days. BB and I are at 354 days and I'll be dammed if a little MN cold will stop this streak now. However, once we get to 366 days, I am done!! (please don't anyone publish a multiple year streak in the next 10 days. Rolling Eyes
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYSandy23 wrote:
I saved some of those street sign/skirt lifters for just this kind of cold snap and thankfully thee are a few events in the next few days. BB and I are at 354 days and I'll be dammed if a little MN cold will stop this streak now. However, once we get to 366 days, I am done!! (please don't anyone publish a multiple year streak in the next 10 days. Rolling Eyes

Why stop at 366 when you can go to 400.
beagleboo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While being properly dressed for sub zero temps. Finding a few caches was a "walk in the park" today.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boreal Walker wrote:
NYSandy23 wrote:

Why stop at 366 when you can go to 400.

Very Happy
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can stay out of the wind on the bitter cold days it really isn't bad out there. I found 8 caches on Monday when it was -10 to -5. Not one of them was a park and grab. The only one I got cold on was one of the dnf's. Standing around looking isn't good for keeping warm.
seamusbleu
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the signing the log that's the killer on cold windy days.
XHawk
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, unrolling and re-rolling those logs on bison tubes can make the fingers numb. Especially if I don't roll them tight enough and have to re-do it. Mad
Aix sponsa
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H-K We had -36F (-38C) today. I decided to wait for balmy temps today before changing my white calendar day to green. It was only about -14F when I searched for it. To be honest it was a P&G. Caching clothes weren't acceptable attire where I was going.

Hunter-Killer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had pretty much the same thing this morning Mary, probably the coldest we have had in two years. Work was quiet. Nothing works in this weather. Hate to think what it was with the windchill.
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was in mankato yesterday and planned to get about 20 caches along the trail. Of course I fogot the stocking cap at home so I just had my baseball cap and hoodie hood. With the temp and wind near -20 I grabbed about half a dozen and told myself, I'm crazy being out here not properly dressed. Will have to get the rest when it is warmer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: