MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1st Annual Winter Cache Bash
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonsom
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the park for the 1st Annual Winter Cache Bash ends up being Como, there are already 3 caches in this park (2 virtual.) Today I saw many good locations for caches to be hidden if there is anything left of the park.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were all fooled. It reminds me of yet another song:

You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet

If the Medallion has not been found, tonight will CHAOS. The film crew will have three cameras, hoping to be near the correct spot. Fat guys, young kids, grandmas, track stars, will all be running the race of their life when they get the clue. I'll be there, not so much to participate as to observe.

It may truely be the "Night of the Locusts". To find out what that is, you have to be there. The last one was in 1999.
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK KB -- after you wake up today, will you choose out a general meeting place in Como for the geocachers of the group (we will mix and mingle, but we ought to have a "spot" to start out with just our group). I think we all ought to bring our lawn chairs since all seating will be at a premium given the medallion crowd that is expected. Do you think parking will be a problem?
I didn't have my GPS along on Tues night so hope you have some coords.
Call me if you need help with final plans.

You need to decided on some times for things to be held -- like the drawings (if we are having them, or not - we don't have to). Rob and Jon will need some set aside time to give a little informational Q&A meeting on Ramsey and Three Rivers.

This medallion hunt was fun, thanks for introducing me to a new "sport" -- I didn't make it out for the Wed night frenzy and find, but Tuesday was pretty exciting racing from Harriet to Como and watching the hunters. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Hash Bash Chat

The coordinates on the event page are for the pavilion in the West picnic grounds. Electricity is available, a fire pit is not. Down the hill, there are three fire pits, one of which will be used to 'warm up'.

I am tired, achey, don't know what day it is, etc.

There are many tables, not many shelters. There is a closed restroom building that we could meet by, for separate business. Can anyone set up the schedule, and post it or e-mail me and I'll get it on the site.

BTW, the Pity Party is tonight, at Gabe's @ 7:00 then barhopping. I'll probably go to Gabe's, linger there or come home. A Pity Party is a place to complain about the B.S. clue meanings, etc.

Oh yeah, this year we were within 20 paces of the medallion, 8 hours before it was found. Should have continued straight instead of turning right.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

somebody stole my Como geocache !

I hate thieves, but I had to LOL (very loud) today when I checked on it. Everything was gone, which means somebody thought they found $10,000 and took it with them. I wish I was there when they opened the tin and found trinkets !

Ha Ha Ha Ha !!

I'll put a new one out for the Bash.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medallion Hunt recap by one of the best
Nimbus'Ninjas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingboreas wrote:
somebody stole my Como geocache !

I hate thieves, but I had to LOL (very loud) today when I checked on it. Everything was gone, which means somebody thought they found $10,000 and took it with them. I wish I was there when they opened the tin and found trinkets !

This sounds similiar to something that was logged at Hazelnut Park (Arden Hills) last week:

User comments:
Last person to find this cache was not a geocacher. Local woman wrote in the log that she found it and took it home because she thought it was the Winter Carnival medalion! She was nice enough to bring it back and it sounds like there my be another convert to the hobby.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=20049

Guess I'm not suprised.....
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm setting up a table near the (closed) rest rooms, for the Minnesota Geocaching Association. There are a couple things we do that will work best away from the group. This will also be the location of the following caches:

Music Exchange

It's Just A Game, Folks

There are Satellites (Porta-potty, Outhouses, whatever) further down the hill, near the snow sculptures.
Lady and Laddy bugs
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a blast at the picnic today. Found 12/13 in the area but the last one was a virtual on the way out of the park and with the snow falling we decided to head home and save that one for another day. Thanks to KB for all the fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: