MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1st Annual Winter Cache Bash
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, Jillibean and I cannot make the gig on Saturday night. There is going to be a surprise b-day party for my father un North. We will be on the hunt and at the Winter Event though. See you out there!
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember to buy a button, and have the postcard mailed by Saturday.

The first clue is in 3 days.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done!
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What time does the Pre-Dig-Gig start? I know a solution to the parking problem--there are a few bars (like Spanky's) that have a free bus to Wild games--since McGovern's is near the Xcel, that might be an option.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The unofficial 'official' time is 7:00, but some are going at 6:00, and some at 8:00. The contact at McGovern's said 8:00 is good because the hockey crowd has left.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:29 am    Post subject: At least somebody's out there looking ... Reply with quote

After a few missed communications, I ran into towlebooth and jillibean at the Pioneer Press. No, we didn't win the trip to Hawaii. I was impressed with their interpretations of the clues, but we haven't found it YET.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spilled all my ideas to a veteran hunter! He will have it today!! What have I done?!?
Shocked
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out medallion hunting after #5 with my big stick and CBug in tow. brrrrrrrrr! Stayed home for #6
Amazing to see all the excited people out and about over this -- lots of fun! Everybody has different ideas and *most* are friendly.
On the up side I found a marvelous cache hiding spot in one of the parks I searched in that I waypointed for future use.

I have been mulling #7 over and am pretty sure Wink Now if I can just find a parking spot over there.............
The crowds will be all out today -- maybe less tomorrow during the game?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: documentary crew Reply with quote

We were at Harriet Island today, just walking around, looking. There might have been 50 people there around 1:00 pm. I noticed Trent Tooley, the producer of "No Time For Cold Feet", about the time he noticed me. I guess my 'film time' from 2 years ago will make it in the film. Anyway, he wanted more from us, so while they're setting up, my wife sneaks away. After the hunt questions, he asked my sons about bowling, then asked me about geocaching. I didn't think he knew about it. He's probably talked to JCBoys too. If you're out, and you see the crew, don't be shy. He's really a nice guy. Talk up 'caching !
Jillibean
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess those Vulcans aren't such bad guys after all....
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perrine and I took our cat, Buddy, who passed away last week, to the Humane Society near Como for burial, and we swung by the snow sculptures and ice maze on Monday. We felt it was a good distraction after quite an emotional event. BTW, we know a great hiding spot on Harriet Island, and it's just perfect for coins, a medellion, etc.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: I thought I had it all figured out ... Reply with quote

We haven't heard from our friend Ringbone, have we? He must be the medallion hider. His cache was a test for the area. It was a vague coordinate, with some value-added treasure, and chance to try a hidding spot that didn't require snow. It was a sufficiently hard-to-find cache, so that type of hiding spot would work well.

Yesterday I checked EVERY one of those similar spots, but of course it wasn't there.

Another theory shot down.
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{{{{hugs}}}} for Perrine and Matt -- it is hard to lose a special pet Crying or Very sad

I have given up on the medallion hunt -- I have learned a lot everytime I went out and I have had a great time, but I have decided I haven't got a prayer in the world of finding it Rolling Eyes Oh well, next year.....

Looking forward to the bash on Sunday -- wish we could nail down a park so I can get my cache hidden before then Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight may be the "Night of the Locusts" - the first one since the '99 hunt. You DON'T want to miss it ! Get to Harriet Island NOW !

If it's not found before tomorrow's clue - HOO BOY !
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a brief "chat" with Ian last night, who assured me it WAS Harriet, I headed down, found a parking spot and headed into the park just in time for the mass exodus Confused
Some guy screaming "Como, Como!" to me as he raced by. I never did see Mr & Mrs Boreas or the Wiz van.
Instead of locusts it mostly looked like fireflies. Noisy fireflies....

Well THAT was fun. I can honestly say I have never seen anything like it. I'll be back this morning -- say hi if you see me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: