MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

National Woodland Owners Convention request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Volunteer Opportunities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: National Woodland Owners Convention request Reply with quote

The National Woodland Owners Convention will be held in Minnesota in late July. They will be holding their Field Day on Saturday, July 27 in the Isanti area.

They are asking the MnGCA if we would like to have a booth at their Field Day, where we can discuss geocaching and maybe place some demonstrational hides. They are expecting 250-350 people to be milling about.

This is a great opportunity for the MnGCA to introduce and promote geocaching to people whom own forestland throughout Minnesota and the country. Please email board@mngca.org if you think you can help out at all.
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone given this any thought that they may like to try this out? One day somewhere in Isanti area. I'd like to give the Woodland Owners some idea of what the MnGCA can offer.

Contact board@mngca.org with any questions.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be coming back from Summer Camp that day; too much for me to take on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MamaDuck-24
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the one Mrs Mizzou was talking to me about at the Spring Event?

If so, I will be able to help in some sort of capacity.
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is the one. No help will be turned down! Saturday, July 27, Isanti area (on a tree farmer's land). We will have a geocaching booth and some demonstrational hides.

We will have to take time to scope out various hides around the property. Some of us may have to schedule a time in advance of the 27th to place the hides, make up some geo-sheets, and I suppose program some of our gps'rs to so we can lend them out to present muggles, future geocachers. Just thinking out loud.
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plans are coming together.

Friday afternoon, July 26 we plan to hide temporary caches around the property, which is just east of Isanti.

Friday evening we plan to load coordinates of temporary caches into gpsr's loaned to us by the Minnesota Extension Service.

Saturday, July 27 is Field Day from 9-2. We will meet at 8 a.m. at the property to set up and be ready.

If anyone needs any more information or if you can help at any one or more of these items, please PM me.
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big thanks to those that came out to help. We had a lot of people stop by and ask questions. They were really interested once we would bring up a map page and show them how many caches were near their homes or tree farms. Too bad the cool day became chilly and rainy.

Thanks to Northmark, MamaDuck, and Jeepers Creepers for braving the chill to get people interested in caching (and keeping Mini and me company under the big tent and watching the rain). Huge thanks to AerosmithPA for being the contact person through the whole convention set up, for hiding temp caches for the participants, and for presenting on convention day.
MamaDuck-24
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rest of you did all the work. All I did was show up and look pretty. Laughing

I did have a lot of fun, tho' I don't know if I'll ever be dry or warm again.

Thank you to Teri and Steve for all their hard work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Volunteer Opportunities All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: