MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vote for Cache of the Year - 2012!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache should be Cache of the Year for 2012?
January - GC36AYX: Wheredoigonext
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
February - GC2HT5W: The Guardian Final - A Night Cache
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
March - GC2H3QG: Runcible Spoon
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
April - GC3BNZG: The Troublemaking Spy
33%
 33%  [ 39 ]
May - GC2P5TJ: Periodic Table of Elements Challenge
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
June - GC33ZEB: BYOB
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
July - GC3K7QE: Cryptech
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
August - GC2T2RB: The Gauntlet - Child's Play
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
September - GC2YQ0J: MN LPC Series - jicknarson
7%
 7%  [ 9 ]
October - GC3H2FD - The Gauntlet 2012 - Sticks and Stones
6%
 6%  [ 7 ]
November - GC3ABGG: Judgement Day
32%
 32%  [ 37 ]
December - GC3EHXK: Highline
7%
 7%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 115

Norwaycat
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did voting close already?
SB_Cachepants
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norwaycat wrote:

Im wondering the same thing.
TheCachin8tor
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Voting 12/31? Reply with quote

Norwaycat wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. I was under the impression that the polls were open until midnight. I have had several potential voters contact me and inform me that the poll no longer appears to be working.

I've done some self-promoting...can I start to beg now? Razz

Please please pleeeezz!! Pretty pleez with sugar on top can we have the poll re-activated until midnight. I promise I'll be good!
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got to vote? All I see are the results. Crying or Very sad
SB_Cachepants
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: The Conclusion Reply with quote

I count at least 9 more votes that I've been in contact with today that would have voted for Judgement Day! had the polls not closed. 4 of which tried but couldn't and the other 5 were warned it wasn't working. Very very saddened by this. I will be grieving this fact for a long time.

Moving forward...

In my most sincere heart, I want to congratulate The Troublemaking Spy's creator Diehard50248 on his win. I can't wait to get out there and complete this multi. Way to go!

SB_Cachepants
Cache to live and live to cache. Razz
TheCachin8tor
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Spy vs. Cyborgs Reply with quote

It is what it is. As Archer said, it was just a little fun for the end of the year! My final rally of votes got cut off by the poll closing early, but in hindsight that is the risk we took. It isn't too late to salvage a new post-midnight deadline, but that is up to our moderators.

Besides, runner up for Cache of the Year aint too shabby at all!

Regardless, I congratulate Diehard50248 for a well-fought battle. It was a longshot since Judgement Day is still in its infancy while TMS has been out longer and has had more time to gain some street cred. It is a well-done cache and I myself had the opportunity to go search for it with a friend this last year. It's structure honestly helped me develop some of the groundwork for Judgment Day.

With that said, I would now like to present my opponent with an ironic challenge. Since you were so determined to claim the title of CotY, and put up a such great fight, I now challenge you with a fight against CacheNET! I have visited and found your winning cache, now you must come find Judgement Day!...if you dare! Muahahahaha. Twisted Evil

Thank you to our moderators for giving CotY a run this year! I hope to see you in the polls next year! Very Happy

I'll be back! (Arnold Schwarzenegger voice)
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's always next year. That's pretty familiar to me since I'm a Vikings fan Embarassed
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Voting 12/31? Reply with quote

TheCachin8tor wrote:
I've done some self-promoting...can I start to beg now? Razz

If you have to beg for votes is the cache worthy of winning? Wink Wink
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: The Conclusion Reply with quote

SB_Cachepants wrote:
I count at least 9 more votes that I've been in contact with today that would have voted for Judgement Day! had the polls not closed. 4 of which tried but couldn't and the other 5 were warned it wasn't working. Very very saddened by this. I will be grieving this fact for a long time.

Moving forward...

In my most sincere heart, I want to congratulate The Troublemaking Spy's creator Diehard50248 on his win. I can't wait to get out there and complete this multi. Way to go!

SB_Cachepants
Cache to live and live to cache. Razz

I in no way want to cause a stir but in the same post you mentioned that you're very, very, saddened that one cache did not win but that you hope to go find the other soon. How can that thought possibly be fair and balanced to ALL of the other caches in the running?
Diehard50248
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

I'd like to offer a sincere "Thank You" to all those that voted for The Troublemaking Spy. My kids Caroline (7), Andrew (5), and Addison (4) were all very excited to hear that "their" cache came out on top.

I've heard great things about almost all of the other COTM winners. Like most cachers I don't get out as much as I'd like to. That being said, I look forward to someday taking on Sticks & Stones, Judgment Day, and Highline. They all look very cool.

Thanks again,

Jeff / Diehard50248
A-body
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Voting 12/31? Reply with quote

If you have to beg for votes is the cache worthy of winning? Wink Wink[/quote]

I'm with Bart on this one
A-body
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: The Conclusion Reply with quote

[quote="SB_Cachepants"]I count at least 9 more votes that I've been in contact with today that would have voted for Judgement Day! had the polls not closed. 4 of which tried but couldn't and the other 5 were warned it wasn't working. Very very saddened by this. I will be grieving this fact for a long time.

Voting was for a whole month. You would think if they really wanted to vote, you would not have had to contact them at the last moment.
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norwaycat wrote:

Question Question Question
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In spite of my comments, it was tough voting for me. I had done half the caches listed and of the 6 I found, they were all top notch. The ones in the metro I have not found are on my short list.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a point of clarification...each "regular" Cache of the Month thread contains the following...

Due to how the polling works in phpBB the poll may be open for some time past 11:59:59 pm on the last day of the month, or may end sometime during the last day of the month. While we will do what we can to make sure this poll stays open through the month, there is no reason to wait till the last minute. You get one vote and it counts the same no matter when you make it. When a poll is open it is set to be open for a certain number of days, so if for some reason the poll can't be open right at 11:59:59 (say a production issue at work, busy with non-caching activities, feel asleep, etc) then there may be some 'bonus' voting time.

Now...that being said, it was an oversight on my part not to place that in this thread...but...that being said...as said by TheCachin8tor...this thread was all in good fun!!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: