MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Breaking Silence, from Jack

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Disagree?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Bacon?
78%
 78%  [ 15 ]
New cache 0.5 miles away don't care about this...
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 19

Author Message
jackremote
Geocacher


Joined: 02 Apr 2011

Posts: 37

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Breaking Silence, from Jack Reply with quote

Hello. You may have not seen me in any logs in the last few weeks unless you live down near Harmony on my failed Geocaching trip to Niagara Cave. Anyway, my absence seems to be filling my emails, will 'needs maintenance' logs. Well my absence is caused by school but MOSTLY this online game called World of Tanks. I play it with some of my friends at school and it is fairly parasitic. Well obviously not in virus form but just time consuming but fun. Also Geocaching has also seemed very boring Surprised I know I am fairly surprised too but I remember the good old days where I was always in thw woods or finding a geocache a day. I also remember all the "thorn art" all over my legs. Fun times. I am also announcing I am canceling my Premium Account for Geocaching on both accounts (my dad an mine) it just has lost so much interest in the past few months. I am still Geocaching but not AS MUCH. Not so much a die hard. Also I am not fat, (don't judge a book by it's cover Rolling Eyes ) I am five feet tall now. Well, that is really it, also 'Munzing' now or however you say it. Well goodbye for now, may see you in a few months or days. Will listen to posts. Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rustynails
Geocacher


Joined: 27 Oct 2009

Posts: 787

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Breaking Silence, from Jack Reply with quote

jackremote wrote:
Hello. You may have not seen me in any logs in the last few weeks unless you live down near Harmony on my failed Geocaching trip to Niagara Cave. Anyway, my absence seems to be filling my emails, will 'needs maintenance' logs. Well my absence is caused by school but MOSTLY this online game called World of Tanks. I play it with some of my friends at school and it is fairly parasitic. Well obviously not in virus form but just time consuming but fun. Also Geocaching has also seemed very boring Surprised I know I am fairly surprised too but I remember the good old days where I was always in thw woods or finding a geocache a day. I also remember all the "thorn art" all over my legs. Fun times. I am also announcing I am canceling my Premium Account for Geocaching on both accounts (my dad an mine) it just has lost so much interest in the past few months. I am still Geocaching but not AS MUCH. Not so much a die hard. Also I am not fat, (don't judge a book by it's cover Rolling Eyes ) I am five feet tall now. Well, that is really it, also 'Munzing' now or however you say it. Well goodbye for now, may see you in a few months or days. Will listen to posts. Crying or Very sad


Sorry to hear this Jack Crying or Very sad . Hard to belive you can just lose interest in this fun activity. I hope one day you will once again find the joy of caching Very Happy . I will miss seeing and talking with you at events. Take care and don't let the video games take you over. Just have fun with them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 13 Apr 2006

Posts: 1942

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack,
Very disappointed to hear this. I was thinking about our co-hosting Black Friday event and disappointed we won't be doing it this year. I see someone else is having an event there. I won't be getting to quite as many events as in the past but when I'm there I'll miss seeing you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jackremote
Geocacher


Joined: 02 Apr 2011

Posts: 37

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:
Jack,
Very disappointed to hear this. I was thinking about our co-hosting Black Friday event and disappointed we won't be doing it this year. I see someone else is having an event there. I won't be getting to quite as many events as in the past but when I'm there I'll miss seeing you!
Indefinitely won't let them take them ALL over. Also I may just do die hard caching in the summer (without 20 feet of snow) Wink But I do plan on attending some random events here and there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
two of hearts
Geocacher


Joined: 12 Jan 2006

Posts: 94

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack, sorry to see you are quitting caching. We always enjoyed your smile enthusiasm for this sport. Having g'kids your age I understand where you are coming from, so many other things to be involved with. Do not spend too much time inside with the video games, get outside and enjoy nature. Glad to hear you had a growth spurt. One of the nice aspects of this sport is it brings folks of all ages together, does not matter if your are 10, 20 or 80, we share in the love of adventure and the outdoors. take care my friend!

Patrick two of hearts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
A-body
Geocacher


Joined: 26 Jun 2009

Posts: 145

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a fact of life, people's interests change. I used to hunt and fish a lot more than I do now, and at your age, you will change interests a lot more as you grow older. When you discover girls and gasoline will be your biggest changes. Your poll questions seem pretty vague. Agree or disagree with what? My question would be, are you going to maintain, or remove and archive?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incrediblemagpie
Geocacher


Joined: 13 Sep 2007

Posts: 14

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bacon is the only logical response!

See ya on the Battle Field!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ST11
Geocacher


Joined: 04 Jul 2009

Posts: 159

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I always say sometimes - it's like a duck, one of the legs is both the same. Smile

It is good to have multiple and diverse interests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jackremote
Geocacher


Joined: 02 Apr 2011

Posts: 37

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not QUITTING Geocaching. Also those FTFs in Miesville Ravine seem tempting. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jackremote
Geocacher


Joined: 02 Apr 2011

Posts: 37

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caching in Bloomington and Richfield today.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4029

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackremote wrote:
Caching in Bloomington and Richfield today.


Looks like dad was caching Rosemount. Welcome back from the gaming bender. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jackremote
Geocacher


Joined: 02 Apr 2011

Posts: 37

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
jackremote wrote:
Caching in Bloomington and Richfield today.


Looks like dad was caching Rosemount. Welcome back from the gaming bender. Very Happy


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Geocaching Cache Icons, Copyright 2009, Groundspeak Inc. All rights reserved. Used with Permission.