MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-December 2012

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-December 2012 Reply with quote

Accepting Nominations...

Although we will accept nominations at any time, this thread is to remind everyone that we are accepting Nominations for Cache of the Month for December of 2012. You can submit COTM nominations by using one of the following three methods…1) Send msteffel or I (ArcherDragoon) a Private Message through MNGCA.org or 2) Send msteffel or I (ArcherDragoon) an Email through Geocaching.com or 3) Post a nomination in this thread. Nominations need to be written in a way that gives the reader a spoiler-free description of what make the cache special. You must include the Cache Owner, Cache Name and Waypoint with your nomination. Your nomination must also include a brief write-up for the cache (at least a sentence...but I would prefer something a bit longer...I honestly think we are capable of writing a couple sentences or a nice paragraph).

For full details check here, but the short version - if you find an outstanding cache, reply to this post!!! Nominations for December 2012 Cache of the Month will remain open until the end of the current month (November 30th).

Last edited by Draconisdax on Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jaklimber
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Highline Reply with quote

I would like to nominate GC3EHXK Highline by EskoClimber for December's Cache of the Month.

This cache deserves the honor of Cache of the Month for several reasons. It will leave all of its finders with a memorable experience. It gives seekers a sense of real adventure. Though not at all tricky to FIND, the methods of RETRIEVAL are tricky enough to give a real sense of accomplishment to all of its finders. ...and the views of the north woods and river from above are amazing!

My experience with this cache (see my logs) made this cache the highlight of a geocaching trip to the Duluth area. It earned its place at the top of my all-time best geocaching adventures.

Though not everyone has access to the equipment that geocachers have used to retrieve this one, it could be retrieved in a few different ways, so nobody should feel they aren't capable or don't have the equipment they need. If geocaching means adventure to you, I recommend that you keep this one in the back of you mind, develop a plan and make the trip to find one of the best adventure caches in the state - Highline.
TheCachin8tor
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Highline Reply with quote

Jaklimber wrote:
I would like to nominate GC3EHXK Highline by EskoClimber for December's Cache of the Month.

This cache deserves the honor of Cache of the Month for several reasons. It will leave all of its finders with a memorable experience. It gives seekers a sense of real adventure. Though not at all tricky to FIND, the methods of RETRIEVAL are tricky enough to give a real sense of accomplishment to all of its finders. ...and the views of the north woods and river from above are amazing!

My experience with this cache (see my logs) made this cache the highlight of a geocaching trip to the Duluth area. It earned its place at the top of my all-time best geocaching adventures.

Though not everyone has access to the equipment that geocachers have used to retrieve this one, it could be retrieved in a few different ways, so nobody should feel they aren't capable or don't have the equipment they need. If geocaching means adventure to you, I recommend that you keep this one in the back of you mind, develop a plan and make the trip to find one of the best adventure caches in the state - Highline.

I second Jaklimber's nomination for Highline! Although I have not gone and found the cache yet, it has been on my "bucket list" for quite some time. I have about 90% of the equipment I need to go get it and have been doing some research to devise one of the pieces I still need to do this cache safely. I already have a few induviduals who have agreed to come help me make the find on this cache when I manage to get the rest of the equipment and the gumption to do it!

I don't expect to be making the attempt until spring/summer next year since the river would be a bit cold right now if something should go awry. Plus it will give me more time to finalize my plan of attack. But based on the pictures and logs of past finders, this cache is definately a sight to see and a lot of fun to do and I cannot wait to get my smiley for it!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Highline Reply with quote

TheCachin8tor wrote:
Jaklimber wrote:

I second Jaklimber's nomination for Highline! Although I have not gone and found the cache yet, it has been on my "bucket list" for quite some time. I have about 90% of the equipment I need to go get it and have been doing some research to devise one of the pieces I still need to do this cache safely. I already have a few induviduals who have agreed to come help me make the find on this cache when I manage to get the rest of the equipment and the gumption to do it!

I don't expect to be making the attempt until spring/summer next year since the river would be a bit cold right now if something should go awry. Plus it will give me more time to finalize my plan of attack. But based on the pictures and logs of past finders, this cache is definately a sight to see and a lot of fun to do and I cannot wait to get my smiley for it!

If something goes awry, the cold water will be the least of your issues. I think the Volkswagon sized boulders are more of a concern. And to be honest, I actually felt better once I was over the water.
Jaklimber
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The victory isn't going to be as sweet without any competition, but hey, what cache could win against Highline anyway? Wink
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations EskoClimber!!!
The December 2012 Cache of the Month is Regular Cache Icon GC3EHXK: Highline

Nominated By: Jaklimber

Any other words of Congratulations are welcome in this thread.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd happily loan out some of my equipment if I knew it would be exempt from all litigation in the event someone got hurt.
dmnrec
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is second to my favorite Cliffhanger. I would have liked to personally have gone across to actually get to the cache, but Pearhead made it look too easy Laughing . Congrats Esko!!!!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmnrec wrote:
This one is second to my favorite Cliffhanger. I would have liked to personally have gone across to actually get to the cache, but Pearhead made it look too easy Laughing . Congrats Esko!!!!

There's a rumor going around that there may be an event this coming year in the same neighborhood as Cliffhanger.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: