MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vote for Cache of the Month - November 2012

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache should be Cache of the Month for October 2012?
GC39CRK: The Caching Gods Have Spoken
31%
 31%  [ 15 ]
GC3ABGG: Judgment Day
68%
 68%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 47

Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Vote for Cache of the Month - November 2012 Reply with quote

Your nominations for November 2012 Cache of the Month are:

Regular Cache Icon GC39CRK: The Caching Gods Have Spoken by bflentje
Nominated By: a-body
This is a traditional cache with a couple mile walk through the beautiful Miesville Ravine Park which is NE of Cannon Falls. The view from GZ is phenomenal any time of year, but right now (early October) would be a step above with the fall colors. Many other caches along the trail to this one.

Multi Cache Icon GC3ABGG: Judgement Day by TheCachin8tor
Nominated By: LabguyMN
It's a 9 stage multi that includes puzzles, an appreciable hike, knowledge of decryption, planning, teamwork and is just plain fun. The Cachin8tor has outdone himself with the planning, ingenuity and a considerable investment for us to enjoy an epic cache. Most of all this cache managed to keep two 12 year old boys interested for over 3 hours- even guessing what the next stage might be. For me this cache is what I thought geocaching would be about when I first heard about it years ago. A day in the woods spent with family and/or friends searching for treasure. This cache is all that and more.

-Additionally-
A second nomination this month was also received for Multi Cache Icon GC3ABGG: Judgement Day
Nominated By: yellowdogs
This 9 stage multi cache is very well done from start to finish. Each stage is something very different and tests skills on many levels. There is a story that goes along with each stage that makes it very fun. This is the coolest cache that I have encountered to date!

If you have any words/reviews for any of the caches up for voting, please share then here by posting a reply...

Voting will be open till the end of the month*. Good luck to all the nominees and keep those great caches coming!

*Note: Due to how the polling works in phpBB the poll may be open for some time past 11:59:59 pm on the last day of the month, or may end sometime during the last day of the month. While we will do what we can to make sure this poll stays open through the month, there is no reason to wait till the last minute. You get one vote and it counts the same no matter when you make it. When a poll is open it is set to be open for a certain number of days, so if for some reason the poll can't be open right at 11:59:59 (say a production issue at work, busy with non-caching activities, feel asleep, etc) then there may be some 'bonus' voting time.

Last edited by Draconisdax on Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
norvina
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cache Gods Have Spoken really gives you a good workout to reach the destination, which, then gives you a fantastic view of the area. A great strategically placed cache. norvina Very Happy
TheCachin8tor
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: GC3ABGG: Judgement Day Reply with quote

See the video teaser for Judgement day below!

http://youtu.be/UiZMFGkNtNA

Judgement Day was the culmination of over a years worth of planning, tinkering, and scheming. It is difficult enough to keep you busy for few hours of caching, but simple enough to still be a lot of fun as long as you come prepared. It incorporates the use of teamwork, ciphers, TOTTS, and navigational skills. It also has some things that you probably have NEVER seen before that will suprise you. It is very high-tech for a geocache. And the story on the cache description follows you with every stage to give you a new depth to the experience!

One of the finders sent me an email personally thanking me for bringing him and his son together for an entire day of fun with this cache. In his words, "you had two kids and a 40-year old adolescent drooling over the cache page." This coming from someone who claims that him and his son don't usually share activities together, but this time it was much different. I even managed to recruit a new geocacher because his son's friend tagged along and instantly fell in love with the hunt.

I encourage anyone who is looking for a nice fun mini-adventure to come out and try your hand at conquering CACHENET and find out why this cache is a favorite among all the finders to date.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: GC3ABGG: Judgement Day Reply with quote

TheCachin8tor wrote:
See the video teaser for Judgement day below!

http://youtu.be/UiZMFGkNtNA

Judgement Day was the culmination of over a years worth of planning, tinkering, and scheming. It is difficult enough to keep you busy for few hours of caching, but simple enough to still be a lot of fun as long as you come prepared. It incorporates the use of teamwork, ciphers, TOTTS, and navigational skills. It also has some things that you probably have NEVER seen before that will suprise you. It is very high-tech for a geocache. And the story on the cache description follows you with every stage to give you a new depth to the experience!

One of the finders sent me an email personally thanking me for bringing him and his son together for an entire day of fun with this cache. In his words, "you had two kids and a 40-year old adolescent drooling over the cache page." This coming from someone who claims that him and his son don't usually share activities together, but this time it was much different. I even managed to recruit a new geocacher because his son's friend tagged along and instantly fell in love with the hunt.

I encourage anyone who is looking for a nice fun mini-adventure to come out and try your hand at conquering CACHENET and find out why this cache is a favorite among all the finders to date.

Found 6 times but has 12 votes.
JJnTJ
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fairness, Judgment Day may take people several trips. There could be a bunch of people who have not yet completed it.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJnTJ wrote:
In fairness, Judgment Day may take people several trips. There could be a bunch of people who have not yet completed it.

It looks very well done.
LuckyTurtle
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Judgement Day Reply with quote

I have been out once and needed to come home with my info to find the next stage. I must say, already a GREAT cache!!! Definitely deserves a vote and a MUST SEE!!
ae_geohound
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: judgement day Reply with quote

i have been out once and needed to come home to get tots. i must say great cache and i will be vote for judgement day
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations TheCachin8tor!!!
The November 2012 Cache of the Month is Multi Cache Icon GC3ABGG: Judgement Day

Nominated By: LabguyMN
It's a 9 stage multi that includes puzzles, an appreciable hike, knowledge of decryption, planning, teamwork and is just plain fun. The Cachin8tor has outdone himself with the planning, ingenuity and a considerable investment for us to enjoy an epic cache. Most of all this cache managed to keep two 12 year old boys interested for over 3 hours- even guessing what the next stage might be. For me this cache is what I thought geocaching would be about when I first heard about it years ago. A day in the woods spent with family and/or friends searching for treasure. This cache is all that and more.

-Additionally-
A second nomination this month was also received for Multi Cache Icon GC3ABGG: Judgement Day
Nominated By: yellowdogs
This 9 stage multi cache is very well done from start to finish. Each stage is something very different and tests skills on many levels. There is a story that goes along with each stage that makes it very fun. This is the coolest cache that I have encountered to date!

Any other words of Congratulations are welcome in this thread.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: