MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Must have GSAK Macros

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andysuave
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Must have GSAK Macros Reply with quote

Now that summer is over and I have time to cache again I plan on playing around with gsak some more and was wondering what some of everyones favorite macros are. I only have 5 installed now but I wouldn't mind installing some more. I know this is a very vague question because everyone wants something different out of gsak but I'd like to Know what some of the more common macros are. Thank You.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great question as I'm always looking for good useful macros too. The three I use the most are:
myGMEv3.gsk - maps caches in current view. I use for planning puzzle runs.
CacheAttributes.gsk - loads cache attributes as a note so they can be viewed in the field as the first log on my Oregon
GenUploadStats.gsk - creates and uploads statistics for my profile

I have others installed but don't use very frequently. I also have many that were installed to generate onetime information to help fulfill a Challenge.

I vaguely remember this topic being discussed on a previous thread, possibly with information from WestSideDaddy. But I could be wrong.
BigChiefS4
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the ones I use pretty much daily. They are available here: http://www.gsak.net/board/MacroIndex.php

CleanupDB - Moves caches from one DB to another. Used mostly to move found caches from default DB to found DB.
CountryStateCounty - Updates caches with country, state and county info. Great for DeLorme challenge.
GetElevationsUSA - Updates caches with elevation info.

FindStatGen44Beta - Gives you a LOT of great info about your stats. You can look at my GC profile to see what it gives you. It's also good for figuring out challenges from your stats. I also have many sub-macros that I use with this.
MapCounties - Gives you a pretty picture of all the counties you've found plus how many you've found in each county. You can paste this into your GC profile.
BadgeGenBETA - Generates various badges that you can put on your GC profile. I recommend using the BETA version because there is a bug in the non-beta code that doesn't generate correct info if you have ever logged a find using an iPhone. It has to do with the way the official GC app logs the find to the GC website.

I have some others that I use but I'm at work right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: