MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012 MnGCA Fantasy Football
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: 2012 MnGCA Fantasy Football Reply with quote

Yes, the time has come... lock up yo women and children (to quote a semi-famous You Tube "sensation") Cause it's back... and bigger than ever!

Owners from last year's "pro" league should have an invitation in their e-mail to rejoin for the 2012 season. Once again 10 bucks for the season. You will have until August 19th to claim your team, after that date your franchise, and all of it's glory will be opened up for anyone else to claim.

New this year in the pro league... keepers! Yes, you will be able to keep one player from last year's roster. Look for a detailed note in the coming days on the league page once you sign up, but you will have until August 26th to decide who, if anyone, you wish to keep.

We will be doing a live draft again this year. I tentatively have it set for a Sunday morning brunch affair this year. Sept 2nd. Namely because the commish's days off changed to Sunday/Monday. I think I am going to host an event most likely in the Maple Grove area for the draft, so keep an eye out for that, as it is lots of fun if you are in the same room during the draft. (Laptop or other flash enabled computing device will be required to participate in the live draft)

Otherwise get ready to strap it on boys and girls... no lockout to worry about this year, so just some good ol fashioned smack talk!

Also, I am about 90% sure I will also host the free league again this year, first come first served, up to 20 teams, however you will need to sign up early as we have to have an even number of teams, and if you are the last "odd" team to sign up you risk being dropped if we can't get even numbers. That league will use an auto-draft feature, so if you are curious about all this insanity but don't know much about it, this is a good league to hone your smack talking skills! Look for info on that league here in the next few days once I get a little more time to get it set up!
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely want into the picks league. My internet access is a bit sketchy right now so if I can't respond please do save a spot for me.
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in for either league. Pay if you have a spot or the other if not.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:
I definitely want into the picks league. My internet access is a bit sketchy right now so if I can't respond please do save a spot for me.

The free league that MNMizzou refers to isn't the picks league, is it?

The picks league wouldn't have a draft, nor should it matter how many teams participate I would think.

I'm interested in the picks league again this year if it's on Yahoo. I already play one picks league there with family, and Yahoo allows one to import their picks from another league they're playing to another, so I only have to do the work of making the picks once/week.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
EPMinnesota wrote:

The free league that MNMizzou refers to isn't the picks league, is it?

The picks league wouldn't have a draft, nor should it matter how many teams participate I would think.

I'm interested in the picks league again this year if it's on Yahoo. I already play one picks league there with family, and Yahoo allows one to import their picks from another league they're playing to another, so I only have to do the work of making the picks once/week.

I am already signed up for the paid league. The picks league will have 20 spots again this year. It is a free league and I don't want to miss it since I've played the past couple years and really enjoyed it and no, there is no draft for the picks league.
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will set up both the weekly picks league as well as the 20 team fantasy league that is free with the auto draft. I've just gotten behind a little this week, but look for them soon! With the auto draft that league shouldn't need too much lead time to get together.
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the info for the Fantasy Football League... 20 teams max, so sign up early if you want in the fun!

You have been invited to join Brian's custom league in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football, MnGCA Mega Sack Fest.

In order to join the league, follow the link above or go to game front page, click the "Sign Up Now" or "Get Another Team" button and follow the links to "Join a Custom League". When prompted, enter the League ID# and password below.

League ID#: 535526
Password: mngca12

Good luck!
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go West Side Xpress!!!
sir_kdizzzle
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: MnGCA fantasy football pay league Reply with quote

Is the pay league full yet? If not, I'd like to join!
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this message:

There was a problem

There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. If you were invited to take over an existing team, please click the link in the email you received to join the league. To create a brand new team, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning. (Error #638)

Is the league full or did I do something wrong?
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was not you, was a quirk with Yahoo that I didn't catch, should be all resolved and ready for more players!
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATTENTION: We have ONE open slot in the "pro" (pay) league. Dues are 10 dollars and you will inherit the franchise from last year. You may keep one player from that roster prior to the draft (Sept. 2nd) To join send me a private message on here with an email address to send you the invitation link to. First come first served, you will have 24 hours after the invite is sent to join or I will move down to the next person in the order they are received. Good luck and prepare for copious amounts of hazing!
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNMizzou wrote:
ATTENTION: We have ONE open slot in the "pro" (pay) league. Dues are 10 dollars and you will inherit the franchise from last year. You may keep one player from that roster prior to the draft (Sept. 2nd) To join send me a private message on here with an email address to send you the invitation link to. First come first served, you will have 24 hours after the invite is sent to join or I will move down to the next person in the order they are received. Good luck and prepare for copious amounts of hazing!

Filled. Still plenty of space in the other league, so come fulfill your fantasy football dreams there!
fens
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the other league the one you have to go to the event? bummer if it is because i was planning on going to the cabin that weekend.
butcherandswimmer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yahoo does an auto pick for any one not at the event or online It even usually is smarter than most of us(expert wanta bees) Also auto pick is default so you have to opt out of it to go live . very easy so sign up and have fun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: