MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-September 2012

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-September 2012 Reply with quote

Accepting Nominations...

Although we will accept nominations at any time, this thread is to remind everyone that we are accepting Nominations for Cache of the Month for September of 2012. You can submit COTM nominations by using one of the following three methods…1) Send ArcherDragoon or I (msteffel) a Private Message through MNGCA.org or 2) SendArcherDragoon or I (msteffel) an Email through Geocaching.com or 3) Post a nomination in this thread. Nominations need to be written in a way that gives the reader a spoiler-free description of what make the cache special. You must include the Cache Owner, Cache Name and Waypoint with your nomination. Your nomination must also include a brief write-up for the cache (at least a sentence...but I would prefer something a bit longer...I honestly think we are capable of writing a couple sentences or a nice paragraph).

For full details check here, but the short version - if you find an outstanding cache, reply to this post!!! Nominations for September 2012 Cache of the Month will remain open until the end of the current month (August 31st).

Last edited by msteffel on Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
sparkyfry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate Leshy by Sharknose Bunnies. Saying anything about it would give too much away, but I was really impressed with how SNB managed to find a workaround from a couple common practices of geocachers and still be within the rules. This is an ingenious puzzle and hide!
GeoClutch
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: COTM Nomination Reply with quote

I would like to nominate "7Star's Favorite Place" (GC31VKV) by Racettes. This is a cool puzzle that must have taken some time and patience to put together. It's been published only a short time now, and has already been awarded quite a few favorite points. Personally, it's the first I've seen of its kind.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am nominating MN LPC Series - jicknarson

It's just another Lamp Post Cache Wink but I met the CO and think she's hot Rolling Eyes PLUS she posts individual logs for "power trails"

Or like I told her: logs that I can read.
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
I am nominating MN LPC Series - jicknarson

It's just another Lamp Post Cache Wink but I met the CO and think she's hot Rolling Eyes PLUS she posts individual logs for "power trails"

Or like I told her: logs that I can read.

I second this nomination. Very Happy This one's a real beauty and must be seen. That is the cache. Well, ok maybe both.
Aix sponsa
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I nominated it the first time, of course, I think that it deserves the honor of a COTM. Glad to see it has been nominated again. This time with more finders on board. Of the caches in NE MN, it has the highest combination of finders combined with the highest percentage of finders who have listed it as a favorite. Check it out on the page or better yet check it out in person. It is an easy cache to find and access. It is a LPC after all.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: