MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Power Searching with Google

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Power Searching with Google Reply with quote

I posted this a while ago to my Google+ feed, but 99% of you don't see that...:

http://www.powersearchingwithgoogle.com/

If you're interested in learning how to really search for things with Google then you may be interested in this. I would imagine that it's fairly useful for some of those puzzle caches...

The "class" is roughly 6 50-minute sessions, comprised of a few (5-6?) shorter You-tube videos by Daniel Russel, a Senior Research Scientist (a Google employee).

If you're interested in taking the class then I suggest you get started - while I can't find the exact date, I seem to recall that the class would be taken down in late July. Because I can't find the date online any longer, I wouldn't be surprised if that has changed and it's now available for the long term.

I'm curious what some of you think after you take the class. It starts out in the first session or two with some of the simpler concepts of searching in Google, but builds from there.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Registration is now closed.

Thank you for your interest in Power Searching with Google. Class registration is now closed. Although you will no longer be able to earn a certificate, you'll still be able to view the videos and do the online activities on your own starting July 24, 2012.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
Quote:

Registration is now closed.

Thank you for your interest in Power Searching with Google. Class registration is now closed. Although you will no longer be able to earn a certificate, you'll still be able to view the videos and do the online activities on your own starting July 24, 2012.

Bummer, although it sounds like you can still do the whole course, you just can't get the pretty certificate to hang on the wall when you're done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: