MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

event in the works

View previous topic :: View next topic  
theabbottfamily
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: event in the works Reply with quote

We are thinking of hosting our first event at high island park either late sept or early October. thinking about an overnight as notification only needs to be made to sheriffs office and is free. Any suggestions or interest please feel free to drop me a line here or send me a direct email @ the.family.abbott@gmail.com
possible dates are either oct 5-6
sept 22-23 (I know King Boreas has an event that weekend too but it is pretty darn far up north?)
Event to include a raffle, marshmallow/smores meet n greet caching the park, door prizes and more!
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MnGCA Fall Event has been tentatively scheduled for 10/6 pending park confirmation.
theabbottfamily
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well darn....
We found this neat park with 3.5-4.5 terrains that has been rarely used, add a fun event a bunch of cachers and this could really be fun...
hmmm looks like we need to find some other dates before the snow flies
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a spring camping event there last year:

http://coord.info/GC2KBCE

The county/parks/sheriffs were all very easy to notify. We had a good time, and I still need to find some of those caches.

How about October 19-20 Question
theabbottfamily
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks KB for the link to your event. There are about 20 caches in this park now including a fun puzzle cache and possibly 4 more to come soon.

Actually that weekend (oct 19-20) works for us.
Does that mean we might have royalty amongst us KB?
Does the 19-20th date work for anyone else tentatively? If so I can star firming up plans and get an event page up and running
Thanks!
-Jane
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theabbottfamily wrote:
thanks KB for the link to your event. There are about 20 caches in this park now including a fun puzzle cache and possibly 4 more to come soon.

Actually that weekend (oct 19-20) works for us.
Does that mean we might have royalty amongst us KB?
Does the 19-20th date work for anyone else tentatively? If so I can star firming up plans and get an event page up and running
Thanks!
-Jane

That is a great park! I'll do my best to be there.
theabbottfamily
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas, your event page show's a night cache in the attributes and I was wondering if that was a temporary cache for the event? I don't see it there anymore.
Todd
ArcherDragoon
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theabbottfamily wrote:
King Boreas, your event page show's a night cache in the attributes and I was wondering if that was a temporary cache for the event? I don't see it there anymore.
Todd

It was a camping event...and camping happens all day long and...long into the night Wink
theabbottfamily
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ArcherDragoon"]
theabbottfamily wrote:
Todd

It was a camping event...and camping happens all day long and...long into the night Wink[/quote

I like the sound of that Very Happy
theabbottfamily
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cache page is up and ready! I hope to meet folks I haven't met yet and get a chance to visit with the ones we have met.
GC3QNWQ
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=d393753b-2d78-42ae-97a9-1f3b864062c0
pattenclan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm......an education excuse to camp and cache?? Why haven't I thought of that Question Question Wink Laughing

I will have to see what Spatten26's work schedule will be like. Right now his work is busy with 7 days a week...he gets 1 of those off. That is rumored to be thru Sept. After that, supposedly it will be Crazy 12s...meaning 12 hour shifts at random days of the week. IF it all works out, you will have some very happy campers...er...cachers Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: