MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wich area have u put off

View previous topic :: View next topic  

most put off area in MN
West
45%
 45%  [ 10 ]
South
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Noth
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
East
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

DYL1231
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Wich area have u put off Reply with quote

wich area have u put off from caching the most me and my dad probally have put off the west the most
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't really put of any area. The North is the furthest away from my AO. I did the West end with Silent Bob a couple of months back. Still have about 50 over there I still need to get. Cleared most of the Southeast a couple of weeks ago. I'll start moving North in a month or so.
trypnotic79
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been meaning to check out the stillwater/hudson/river falls area - specifically stillwater surprise
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is the west at 57%? I know we are way out in the "BOONDOCKS" here, but, I have made it to the cities a few times. I even made the Mankato event last fall. When I go to the cities I just have to take a small area at one time. Toooooo many caches to try to catch up on. Considering you spend about half the day on the road I think I have done pretty good. Will have to try to make it to the cities again sometime this summer. I went up near Anoka in November. Maybe I'll have to try the southern part of the cities next time?

I now have some 40+ caches out around this area, so come one come all and have fun looking.
trypnotic79
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:
Why is the west at 57%? I know we are way out in the "BOONDOCKS" here

I've been meaning to do more caching out that way... but typically if I'm out west, I'm heading toward South Dakota to see family and have a long drive ahead of me. Last time I cached on the way home, it took me 12 hours to get back to the cities instead of 6. Didn't go over well with the wife.
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:
Considering you spend about half the day on the road I think I have done pretty good. I now have some 40+ caches out around this area, so come one come all and have fun looking.

I made a trip out there and found some pretty cool caches! The overlook along 212 (Scenic Overlook Cache) was a nice view in the fall with the leaves starting to change. Your Joseph R. Brown Memorial Cache was also a very nice area with a cool hide! My personal favorite (which I am still the last finder and I was there in October) was your ROCKY TOP. Great view of the river and the surrounding farms. Great spot!

Talk about a long drive! Not only does it take forever to get out there it is a long drive between caches in areas that are mostly dirt roads without any place to stop for gas. Make sure your tank is on full so you aren't praying to Jod to not run out Smile
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Marsha and Silent Bob
wrote,

Quote:
Talk about a long drive!

This is about a 120 mile trip to the event.

As of right now I am planning on attending the punch out event next saturday, however the weather will determine my final decision. Also, am working on trying to get out of having to work that day.

Also plan to nab a few other caches in the near vacinity of the Punch out event.

Anyone have any suggestions on nearby caches that I should hit?
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are still a lot of areas I haven't covered, but most of my caching has been done in and around the northeast and northwest areas of the metro, as well as the Twin Cities proper. I haven't gotten to any caches in the southwest yet (Eden Prairie, Chanhassen area) nor have I done any in Stillwater or Hudson. I finally started on some southeast caches (Eagan, Apple Valley). With only about 125 finds, I have a long way to go. Wish I could go caching every weekend!
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mostly west myself. That cause I live on the east side therefore the caches are closer. When I go west I actually have to maximize my time and efforts to make the trip worthwhile, plus that means I can really only cache on the west side on a weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: