MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New caches in luverne

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: New caches in luverne Reply with quote

Looks like a road trip is in order

bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be the only one that is having an issue with the explosive amount of caches being published. I want a high find count like the next guy but I enjoyed caching more when it was more of a quaint and unknown thing to do.
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from three caches near Luverne City Park and the Rock River, the handful around the cemetery, and the pair between Blue Mound Ave. and Co. Hwy. 8, they are all right off the streets/roads, i.e. PNG caches. I don't know from the map what Hawkinson Park is like, but I'm surprised that as cache dense Luverne is, there aren't any in the park.
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not the only one Bart. Just got to focus on having quality experiences that's all. And I do think there are many, many top quality caches and caching areas available in MN vs some other spots.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've gotten word that there will be more than a dozen published in the Redwood Falls area this weekend in time for the pizza event.
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:
We've gotten word that there will be more than a dozen published in the Redwood Falls area this weekend in time for the pizza event.

Woohoo... I've been kicked out of the house for a girl's bbq so I am going to hit up one of the flash mobs at noon and then cache my way down to redwood falls!!
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WestSideDaddy wrote:
EPMinnesota wrote:

Woohoo... I've been kicked out of the house for a girl's bbq so I am going to hit up one of the flash mobs at noon and then cache my way down to redwood falls!!

You would be very useful in Powderhorn Park. Boreal Walker and Laura are organizing some geocaching training for National Get-Out-of-the-House Day (or whatever it's called).
essap
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WestSideDaddy wrote:
EPMinnesota wrote:

Me(essap), and essap2 have hidden 15 caches that are going to be published on the morning of the event.
essap
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our new caches in Redwood Falls are not park and grabs. Maybe 1 or 2 are. Should be good variety. 5 new caches in Ramsey Park. Some require considerable hiking on unpaved trails. A multi with information off the sign. 3 or 4 are at historic monuments. Various sizes and terrains. Some will be quick, others not quick. No lampposts. Only one nano. Should be a good complement to the current caches in town which include 5 earth caches in the area.

Essap
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

essap wrote:
Our new caches in Redwood Falls are not park and grabs. Maybe 1 or 2 are. Should be good variety. 5 new caches in Ramsey Park. Some require considerable hiking on unpaved trails. A multi with information off the sign. 3 or 4 are at historic monuments. Various sizes and terrains. Some will be quick, others not quick. No lampposts. Only one nano. Should be a good complement to the current caches in town which include 5 earth caches in the area.

Essap

Even one nano is one too many Wink The others are greatly appreciated though. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: