MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Going to be in Anoka/Coon Rapids

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kc9gbo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Going to be in Anoka/Coon Rapids Reply with quote

I get the opportunity to work in the Anoka/Coon Rapids area the week of June 11th and possibly the following week. Looking for caches to do, bike trails, and other advice on what to do.
I've done the sword in the stone already and some of the south suburbs, but nothing above 694.
I do have an Ax-Man stop planned.
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you like puzzles? A lot of the "Puzzle Academy Freshman Year" puzzles seem to be up in the NW suburbs . . . that might be a worthy challenge to solve over the next couple of weeks and then find them and the final while you are in town.
kc9gbo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a love hate relationship with puzzles, I've taken a look at several of the puzzles up that way and just have to take time to start figuring them out. I was excited to see that I can fill in some old placed by month/year dates within a few miles of the motel.
jrest
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty of bike path stuff around that area. Check out GC32JFV, and then scroll over the maps and more to the east of that one.
kc9gbo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking around and seeing more and more that I will hope to get weather and time permitting. I'm going to see if I can sneak the bike along and hit the bike paths as those aren't far from the motel. Also, I see alot of older caches that will help me out really really close.

Should be enough to do that I won't sit in the hotel room all week!! Now to work on a few puzzles!
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puzzle Academy really is good if you haven't done it. Hints!! and I learned a lot about different puzzle types even though I'm not too hot at puzzling and I never get around to actually finding them. Might have hints for some on your hit list. This is Freshman Year

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=f818fcca-7b49-4c01-b44d-9b68690292b3

There's a sophomore year too.

Have fun!!
beautysleepangel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Are you looking for other geocachers to go with you?
kc9gbo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be up for joining up with other cachers.

Looking at the Freshman Puzzle requirements I have several of them done already, interesting!
beautysleepangel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

If you want someone to go with you I don't have work until the end of June. Let me know Smile
kc9gbo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may just do that, I know I'm planning on doing some of the bike paths if possible and some p/g's. My main focus will be counties I need and some date/year caches so I'm going to be bouncing around, but since I have the week to cache and I'm not one to sit in a motel room staring at the computer and tv I know I'll be out caching and exploring.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Going to be in Anoka/Coon Rapids Reply with quote

kc9gbo wrote:
I get the opportunity to work in the Anoka/Coon Rapids area the week of June 11th and possibly the following week. Looking for caches to do, bike trails, and other advice on what to do.
I've done the sword in the stone already and some of the south suburbs, but nothing above 694.
I do have an Ax-Man stop planned.

If you are in the metro on 6/16, there is a poker run happening.
kc9gbo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drat! No, will be home by then, maybe back up the following week if things don't go good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: