MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vote for Cache of the Month - May 2012

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache should be Cache of the Month for May 2012?
Periodic Table of Elements Challenge
44%
 44%  [ 13 ]
Borg’s Corner
41%
 41%  [ 12 ]
Timberrr!
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 29

msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Vote for Cache of the Month - May 2012 Reply with quote

Your nominations for May 2012 Cache of the Month are:

Mystery Cache Icon Periodic Table of Elements Challenge - GC2P5TJ by Mad Scientist (aka Boreal Walker)
Nominated By: sparkyfry
I would like to nominate the Periodic Table of Elements Challenge by Boreal Walker. This challenge led to at least 100 new caches being hidden all over the state to help people qualify for the challenge. Such an impact on the caching environment deserves some recognition! It's also such a difficult challenge that the nature of our physical universe changed during the time between when the cache was published and when it got found (over a year later): two new elements (livernorium and flerovium) were added to the Periodic Table. That is one tough challenge!

:traditional: Borg’s Corner – GC31ET5 by rrt.cacher.
Nominated By: RudeRat
I would like to nominate Borg’s Corner by rrt.cacher. This cache is one in a series of caches located along an old forgotten road in north central Minnesota. I turned off the main route and headed a few miles down the road to GZ. Surrounded by nothing but farm field and prairie, what I found truly brought my surroundings to life. This CO has put more time into this series than most put into a cache, and provided a glimpse into the past that has long been forgotten. Each cache in this series provides a history lesson reminding us of those who came before. This cache is part of the Lake of the Woods Historical Society - History Cache Project. The historical photos and information provided at GZ make this a must do series when in the area.

:traditional: Timberrr! - GC28ZC4 by Centerfielder34.
Nominated By: annakido
I'd like to nominate "Timberr", by CenterFielder34. It's got a nice climb to a great view, then a walk along the trail to a great hide. The name hints of the location, which conveniently provides a nice stop to sit while examining the cache. Nice spot to hang out for a bit and enjoy the surroundings.

If you have any words/reviews for any of the caches up for voting, please share then here by posting a reply...

Voting will be open till the end of the month*. Good luck to all the nominees and keep those great caches coming!

*Note: Due to how the polling works in phpBB the poll may be open for some time past 11:59:59 pm on the last day of the month, or may end sometime during the last day of the month. While we will do what we can to make sure this poll stays open through the month, there is no reason to wait till the last minute. You get one vote and it counts the same no matter when you make it. When a poll is open it is set to be open for a certain number of days, so if for some reason the poll can't be open right at 11:59:59 (say a production issue at work, busy with non-caching activities, feel asleep, etc) then there may be some 'bonus' voting time.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Boreal Walker!!!

The May 2012 Cache of the Month is GC2P5TJ: Periodic Table of Elements Challenge

Mystery Cache Icon Periodic Table of Elements Challenge - GC2P5TJ by Mad Scientist (aka Boreal Walker)
Nominated By: sparkyfry
I would like to nominate the Periodic Table of Elements Challenge by Boreal Walker. This challenge led to at least 100 new caches being hidden all over the state to help people qualify for the challenge. Such an impact on the caching environment deserves some recognition! It's also such a difficult challenge that the nature of our physical universe changed during the time between when the cache was published and when it got found (over a year later): two new elements (livernorium and flerovium) were added to the Periodic Table. That is one tough challenge!

Any other words of congratulations are welcome in this thread as well.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: