MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GSAK8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sky King 36
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aix sponsa wrote:
If I update to GSAK 8 will it affect the macro? Just wondering.

I'm wondering which macro you are using to create the POI file out of GSAK, jjreds or pilotsnipes?

As for me, all of my macros, including the one (jjreds) that I use to load my Nuvi worked perfectly after the switch from GSAK 7 to 8.

Can you describe the process you go through when you try to load using your desktop, and if you get any errors, etc.?
andysuave
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone tell me how to enter solved puzzle cords into gsak so I know where to go.
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andysuave wrote:
Can someone tell me how to enter solved puzzle cords into gsak so I know where to go.

Two options:
Add as a child waypoint or enter corrected coordinates. Either can be done through the Waypoint --> Edit link. I prefer the child waypoint because it leaves the posted coordinates alone. This is key for challenges.
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andysuave wrote:

I use corrected coordinates. Right click on a cache entry and select "Corrected Coordinates" then enter in the new ones.

For challenge caches I will often enter in the same set of coordinates at the posted ones so that my gsak thinks I have corrected coords (for other macros I use) but they are the same.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andysuave wrote:

If you change the posted coords to the correct coords on the cache page they will be automatically loaded that way, no need to do it through GSAK.
andysuave
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help, now I need to go find some of the puzzles I finally solved.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
andysuave wrote:

If you change the posted coords to the correct coords on the cache page they will be automatically loaded that way, no need to do it through GSAK.
But they aren't flagged as corrected. So how do you know if it is a solved puzzle or not?
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:
andysuave wrote:

But they aren't flagged as corrected. So how do you know if it is a solved puzzle or not?

It isn't flagged, but if you look at the cache page, the coords are italicized. I also have a bookmarked list of all the puzzles I've solved.

It would be really sweet if GC.com would change the color of the question mark, or somehow differentiate between puzzles, and puzzles I've changed the coords for.
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:

Have they fixed it so that the corrected coordinates are now brought in via pocket queries?
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moe the Sleaze wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:

Have they fixed it so that the corrected coordinates are now brought in via pocket queries?

They have in my experience.
andysuave
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next Question. How do I send just the Caches in a certain area to my gpsr. I have almost 10000 in gsak but my gpsr can only receive 5000 at a time. If I know I will be in a certain area I want to load caches for that area and not for the cabin. Make sense? Thanks
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andysuave wrote:
Next Question. How do I send just the Caches in a certain area to my gpsr. I have almost 10000 in gsak but my gpsr can only receive 5000 at a time. If I know I will be in a certain area I want to load caches for that area and not for the cabin. Make sense? Thanks

The fastest way I've done it is using GSAK's polygon tool. You will need an internet connection (about the only downside to it since so much of it can be used offline) but it brings up a Google map that you draw whatever shape you want onto it, so you could do just around your cabin, or the cabin, and along the route you're going to take, you get the idea... it will list a bunch of coordinates on the side, copy those, then go into your filter menu, select polygon tool, paste the coords you copied and it will only display what it has in it's database for whatever is inside your shape. It sounds long and complicated, but once you do it (and there are some "instructions" within the polygon tool thing in the filter menu (Arc/ploygon is what you're looking for)) It is a pretty quick process. I use it all the time for my Oregon when I can't load the entire state onto it.
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andysuave wrote:

Another way to do it without an internet connection is to set the center point for where ever you are going to be. The filter the database so only the caches within a certain distance from that point appear. You can also include other disqualifiers depending on what you are interested in.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boreal Walker wrote:
andysuave wrote:

Another way to do it without an internet connection is to set the center point for where ever you are going to be. The filter the database so only the caches within a certain distance from that point appear. You can also include other disqualifiers depending on what you are interested in.

Or create different databases in GSAK for different locations. One for the cabin, one for home. Load only the appropriate PQs into those databases.
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Boreal Walkers suggestion, I have a gsak macro that I use that will, based on a center point, filter out only the findable caches in a specific radius. Findable being defined as everything I haven't found that is not a puzzle, plus any puzzles that are marked "Solved" or have corrected coordinates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: