MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tech Event 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:

I can do PQs and creating a route.

I'll put you down, do you have a preference of Morning or afternoon?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:

I can do PQs and creating a route.

I'll put you down, do you have a preference of Morning or afternoon?

Not really.
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I have the last beginner slot? Containers, SWAG, and Etiquette - Being a Good Cacher.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
Can I have the last beginner slot? Containers, SWAG, and Etiquette - Being a Good Cacher.

It's All Yours. Thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MamaDuck-24
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per our conversation last Saturday, I will be glad to handle the check-in, greetings, and kitchen.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MamaDuck-24 wrote:
Per our conversation last Saturday, I will be glad to handle the check-in, greetings, and kitchen.

I'll be able to help once I'm done at Breakfast Buddies from 9-11 in Maplewood.
Team Dennis
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
We still REALLY need some help...we have almost no Advanced sections. If anyone out there has ever taken some photos while caching and wants to just do a slide show of some of the photos and talk about what worked well and what didn't...that would be a big help.

Also, every year, people want to know about puzzles...anyone who makes puzzles or loves finding them and can give some pointers, or tips on what type of things you look for when hunting a puzzle, that would be great.

As you can see from my post on the first page, we are only about half full on sessions.

Lastly, any cachers who would be open to sitting on the Geocachers Rountable let me know...this was a lot of fun last time, we had questions about GPSr, to how to find parking...the questions come from the audience...it's a lot of fun..

PLEASE HELP!!!!

1. When you asked about photos do you mean of cache containers that are good and bad? Or of really cool places we've been and neat things we've seen? I have HUNDREDS of the latter but very few of the former. I could do up a slide show on my wife's Macbook Pro but I don't have the ability to project it onto a big screen.

2. I know a couple of guys that are good at puzzles. I'll give them a shout and see if they would be willing to help out. Heck, I'd probably sit in and listen to them!

3. I would be willing to help out with some rookies in whatever way possible. Sitting at a roundtable discussion sounds like fun.

I will be going to the breakfast buddies event and I could probably be in the park around 10AM but I'd need to leave at 1PM as I have to work in the afternoon.
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can still do a GSAK session (basic, intermediate or advanced). Pocket queries and macros.

I'd also be happy to be on a panel or round table if you need it.
mnfishnutz
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is everything full then, or are there still needs? I don't know if I can necessarily fill them, but it does look like I may be able to come.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mnfishnutz wrote:
Is everything full then, or are there still needs? I don't know if I can necessarily fill them, but it does look like I may be able to come.

The only open time we have is 11:00 - 11:50, it is listed as Advanced, but at this point, I just want to fill it, so I'd be open to anything you'd like to help with. Thank you.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Case People Don't follow the cache page, this is the potluck schedule:

Potluck
We will be providing Hotdogs and buns (courtesy of the MnGCA). We would ask that you all bring something to share with the group. Please use the following to determine what you should bring based on your geocaching name.
If you caching name starts with: Bring this
0-9 or A-F Beverages
G-M Dessert
M-T Salad or a Side dish
U-Z Chips or Snacks
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLUF - I'll be there, hopefully with warm bodies to attend the classes, and I'll be available to take groups out in the woods to look for a few caches.

I posted this on the calendar for Twin Cities Adventure Seekers on meetup.com, and I'll be there and more than happy to take people out looking for geocaches - since it's just a calendar event and not an actual event on meetup, people don't have to RSVP and actually obligate themselves to show up, but it might generate a little more interest in this event - I did host a geocaching event with this meetup group last weekend, and I gave a quick synopsis of what geocaching was to the dozen people there before we headed off looking for caches at Palmer Lake Park.
mnfishnutz
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's just say we are only really good at the cache hiding, trackables, and picture taking part of the game. When one goes to gsak we are clueless (mainly because we are on a mac and going through the process of getting it to work is a pain.)

Oh, and P.S., we may scare muggles away from caching if we bring anyone out. Old etrex legend has been hovering around "accurate to 100 feet" lately! Laughing (Though we would help with that too if need be!)
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mnfishnutz wrote:
Let's just say we are only really good at the cache hiding, trackables, and picture taking part of the game. When one goes to gsak we are clueless (mainly because we are on a mac and going through the process of getting it to work is a pain.)

Oh, and P.S., we may scare muggles away from caching if we bring anyone out. Old etrex legend has been hovering around "accurate to 100 feet" lately! Laughing (Though we would help with that too if need be!)

Well, I've been trying to get someone to do a session on Photography while caching...sounds like it's one of your strengths!
mnfishnutz
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will pole the less "talking in front of people" half of the group but we probably can do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: