MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your nominations for April 2012 Cache of the Month are:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache should be Cache of the Month for April 2012?
GC39QA9 - Ho Ho Ho (Ha Ha Ha)
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
GC1292B - White Haired Ladies With Large Daubers
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
GC2T2RB - Gauntlet 2011 - Child's Play
30%
 30%  [ 18 ]
GC3BWY7 - Puzzle Solving 101: Gimme Some OXYGEN!!!
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
GC2AHD4 - The Vault
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
GC3BNZG - The Troublemaking Spy
38%
 38%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 60

msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Your nominations for April 2012 Cache of the Month are: Reply with quote

Your nominations for April 2012 Cache of the Month are:

Mystery Cache Icon Ho Ho Ho (Ha Ha Ha) - GC39QA9 by [url=http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?u=TR%20Was%20Here's%20Son]TR Was Here's Son and LZScout's Son[/url]
Nominated By: sparkyfry
I'd like to nominate Ho Ho Ho (Ha Ha Ha) by TR Was Here's Son. A lot of effort went into making this one; it was a fun puzzle; and the terrain was an adventure. I got more than I bargained for going after it on an FTF run, but it was a blast!

Mystery Cache Icon White Haired Ladies With Large Daubers GC1292B by IBcrashen Gonsolo & Roxy.
Nominated By: navychief98
IBcrashen's imagination is immeasureable. His body of knowledge that went into this geocache includes games, puzzles, initiative, multi-caching, and many other features to put this wonderful, amazing, and most outstanding treasure hunt together. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I loved this hunt! lol

Multi Cache Icon Gauntlet 2011 - Child's Play - GC2T2RB by seldon.
Nominated By: dornole
I would like to nominate

GC2T2RB - Gauntlet 2011 - Child's Play by seldon, if possible (I see it's been nominated before) but I really want to encourage people to try to get to Faribault and find this one in March or maybe April would still be good. I just found it today and conditions could not be more perfect - no nettles, no bugs, gorgeous river and cliffs, and this cache - words fail me! Kids and I had a 5 hour hiking extravaganza and each of the six stages was creative and took incredible work and care. Bring a picnic and have a great day!

Mystery Cache Icon Puzzle Solving 101: Gimme Some OXYGEN!!! GC3BWY7 by salsman.
Nominated By: accordiongal
I will nominate GC3BWY7 Puzzle Solving 101: Gimme Some OXYGEN!!!

Salsman created a puzzle solving tutorial that provides a wonderful introduction into solvong puzzles. Content is clearly written, provided links that all cachers need to add to bookmark lists.

Includes introductions to: The Coordinate String, Invisible Text, HTML Comments, Stylized Text, image manipulation, EXIF Data and Geotagging, QR codes, codes and cypers including Alphanumeric, Anagrams and Cryptograms, Caesar, Vinegere and additional Cipher, fonts, Number Bases.

Excellant resource for all geocachers.

Mystery Cache Icon The Vault GC2AHD4 by carxman.
Nominated By: Diehard50248
I would like to nominate "The Vault" by carxman. http://coord.info/GC2AHD4. The amount of engineering, programming, fabrication, execution, and sheer "awesomeness" stuffed into this cache is simply mind boggling. It's no wonder this cache is ranked 3rd on Minnesota's "favorite points" list. I was shocked to find out this one hasn't already been nominated for COTM. If you haven't found this one, do yourself a favor and get to Vadnais Heights sooner rather than later. Better yet, call up some friends and make the trek together. You won't be disappointed (and you'll be glad you brought a friend).

Multi Cache Icon The Troublemaking Spy GC3BNZG by Diehard50248.
Nominated By: dbeitz
I'm pretty new to caching, but I had heard about the MNGCA doing a cache of the month. Well, this morning I did the greatest cache ever and would like to nominate it if I can. The cache is GC3BNZG - The Troublemaking Spy. It was just published yesterday (3/15/2012). It was far and away the greatest cache I have ever seen. It is a multicache in Oakdale. As you can read on the cache page, it is about a treasure left by Doc Addison for his young friends Caroline and Andrew. The craftsmanship by Diehard50248 is amazing. So much time and thought put into this. Only 6 people have done it to this point, and each one has made it a favorite.

If you have any words/reviews for any of the caches up for voting, please share then here by posting a reply...

Voting will be open till the end of the month*. Good luck to all the nominees and keep those great caches coming!

*Note: Due to how the polling works in phpBB the poll may be open for some time past 11:59:59 pm on the last day of the month, or may end sometime during the last day of the month. While we will do what we can to make sure this poll stays open through the month, there is no reason to wait till the last minute. You get one vote and it counts the same no matter when you make it. When a poll is open it is set to be open for a certain number of days, so if for some reason the poll can't be open right at 11:59:59 (say a production issue at work, busy with non-caching activities, feel asleep, etc) then there may be some 'bonus' voting time.

Last edited by msteffel on Tue May 01, 2012 5:57 am; edited 3 times in total
A-body
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats with all the puzzle cache nominations? For some of us that are puzzle solving challenged, it makes it tough to compare. On another note, the last time Gauntlet Childs Play was nominated, it had 28 votes, and only 29 found logs. Not a bad percentage.
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, I nominated Childs Play this time, so I voted for it. Did Troublemaking Spy yesterday and it is also very worthy of winning, but Childs Play also has great scenery and hiking so I would give it the edge.

I guess if you want more regulars nominated - nominate : )
Diehard50248
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-body wrote:
Whats with all the puzzle cache nominations? For some of us that are puzzle solving challenged, it makes it tough to compare. On another note, the last time Gauntlet Childs Play was nominated, it had 28 votes, and only 29 found logs. Not a bad percentage.

For what it's worth - The Troublemaking Spy is actually a seven stage multi cache. Smile

Thanks,

Jeff / Diehard50248
navychief98
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-body wrote:

I am concerned about my nomination because it is a puzzle and many geocachers steer clear of puzzles. Please give the puzzle a try even if you can't make the trek north for the hunt. F you need a nudge, contact the CO; he is very gracious.

I guarantee you will love his ingenuity.

Cool
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navychief98 wrote:
A-body wrote:

I am concerned about my nomination because it is a puzzle and many geocachers steer clear of puzzles. Please give the puzzle a try even if you can't make the trek north for the hunt. F you need a nudge, contact the CO; he is very gracious.

I could solve that one... We just couldn't find it! Sad
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a friendly reminder...

Posts in the thread should be about the caches nominated...comments, reviews, and/or words of encouragement about the caches...
butcherandswimmer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trouble making spy is a multi Multi Cache Icon not a puzzle although it has several field puzzles in it's stages Also the Mystery Cache Icon icon has way to many types Night ,field, challenge, Etc. to trust the icon without looking at each cache page.
MN Lost Boy
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Trouble making spy Reply with quote

Hey!
My family and I went to the "Trouble making spy" last weekend. It was really fun and I can see why everyone is making such a fuss over it...
I can't believe the time that must have went into setting it up. This guy must not have a job!

When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns.
therunks
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Spy Games Reply with quote

I had the pleasure of visiting "The Troublemaking Spy" last weekend with my 9-year-old daughter. It took us about 2 hours to complete, but it was worth every minute. I would highly recommend this one to cachers of all ages. The puzzles are clever but not too hard. My daughter was able to complete each puzzle while I punched in the necessary coordinates. This is truly a "family friendly" multi. The story alone is worth the trip!

Our favorite stage was #5. Wow!!!

Dave
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The April 2012 Cache of the Month is:
Multi Cache Icon The Troublemaking Spy GC3BNZG by Diehard50248.
Nominated By: dbeitz

Congratulations to Diehard50248 as well as all those that were nominated!!!

We will do our best to keep the voting open all month and end it as close to midnight as possible, but there is no need hold off voting, you have all month and your vote counts the same no matter when you make it.

Any other words of congratulations are welcome in this thread as well.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: