MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GC3ABGG: Judgement Day!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SB_Cachepants
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: GC3ABGG: Judgement Day! Reply with quote

http://coord.info/GC3ABGG

Here is a D5xT5 9 stage multi masterfully created by TheCachin8tor. Recently won November 2012 Cache of The Month and in the running for Cache of The Year (which its in the lead already Very Happy )

This cache is a tribute the the owners favorite Terminator movie. Mission is as follows:
"Cacher's everywhere must band together to defeat the rise of the machines! Geocaches and GPSr's have become so numerous and the database so extensive that the Computer Automated Cyborg Human Elimination Network (CACHENET) has become self-aware! Artificial intelligence has taken over and the human race has been targeted for termination!"

Each stage has a very detailed and well devised method to eliminating the threat in order to move closer to the BIG RED BUTTON! (you know...the one you ALWAYS see the hero pushing at the end of the climax of the movie that blows up whatever evil layer they are fighting to escape from.....yeah THAT big red button....)

From infiltrating surveillance to disarming laser-guided warheads, this cache is the most fun caching experience any cacher can have. Take all the TOTT's you can think of and make sure your troops are well fed and hydrated before starting this 2 hour +/- cache mission.

And dont forget to cast your vote before the end of the year (or the world if your a 2012 believer) for Cache of The Year!!

http://mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6942

Keep on caching!!
SB_Cachepants
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: 5X5 9 stage multi and still kid friendly!! Reply with quote

From the owner himself about this cache:

"See the video teaser for Judgement day below!

http://youtu.be/UiZMFGkNtNA

Judgement Day was the culmination of over a years worth of planning, tinkering, and scheming. It is difficult enough to keep you busy for few hours of caching, but simple enough to still be a lot of fun as long as you come prepared. It incorporates the use of teamwork, ciphers, TOTTS, and navigational skills. It also has some things that you probably have NEVER seen before that will suprise you. It is very high-tech for a geocache. And the story on the cache description follows you with every stage to give you a new depth to the experience!

One of the finders sent me an email personally thanking me for bringing him and his son together for an entire day of fun with this cache. In his words, "you had two kids and a 40-year old adolescent drooling over the cache page." This coming from someone who claims that him and his son don't usually share activities together, but this time it was much different. I even managed to recruit a new geocacher because his son's friend tagged along and instantly fell in love with the hunt.

I encourage anyone who is looking for a nice fun mini-adventure to come out and try your hand at conquering CACHENET and find out why this cache is a favorite among all the finders to date."

-29 favorite points in a month and a half since publication Very Happy
-Some of the most lengthy, detailed and excited logging I've ever encountered.
-TONS of TB's to go grab too!!

Just wants to share more about this amazing cache.

Thank you to anyone who reads this Very Happy
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can attest to the teamwork part of this cache - I went with the Monday Morning Caching Crew and there were 14 of us on that expedition, and every one of us contributed in one form or another. Some with TOTT, some to spot the cache containers at various stages, and others to figure out the puzzles. Granted, you might not need as many people as we had, but I think our 1 1/4 hours is the current record for completing this cache.
nsaj
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: GREAT Cache! Reply with quote

I would highly recommend this cache as well. Really enjoyed the challenge and the teamwork involved finding this one. Plus I ended up with a new TOTT out of it. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Recommended Caches All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: