MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Challenge Cache guidelines
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MN.Fruitcake
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
I wouldn't ever knock what you do. I wouldn't suggest you're in the wrong, ever.

Your standards are too high as I am in the wrong from time to time and don't mind at all when I'm politely called on it.

Quote:
Know how many caches I did this weekend located within Iowa cemeteries?

We don't disallow cemetery caches, we just require permission first. More than half of those cache owners that I ask for the permission details on never come back with the details, which tells me that they either couldn't obtain permission or never tried. Cemetery land owners that I've dealt with (2 or 3 now) haven't been fond at all with the caches being on their property.

Quote:
I did a cache in Ottumwa where when I was signing the log, a BNSF train was flying by within 30' of the cache. And if I counted the amount of caches I found with would traditionally would be construed as vandalism, I'd need the fingers and toes of everyone here in the forums.

I've unknowingly published both as well. Doesn't make it right.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=206

Code:
How will you know when the challenge cache requirements have been met?

Quote:

Importantly, cache owners must consider how they will substantiate claims that the cache requirements have been met. The challenge criteria on the cache page must reflect this consideration, and must be verifiable through information on the Geocaching.com website.

When a Challenge cache is submitted, the CO must explain the above. My Challenges have a statement which reflects this. Some need to be updated, because Statistics will verify some requirements, AND an image is a valid alternative to using a Bookmark.

You MUST do what is required, to log a Challenge as found. If you state you will attach an image "later" please do that.

I am not doing your work for you.

Quote:
"I have a million "finds" so I must qualify"

Sorry, but I want to know which 26 or 100 or whatever, apply to each Challenge.

In one week I will be monitoring logs and removing incomplete claims.

[/code]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: