MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Longboards
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:
I think that this is more the solution required.

Solves so many of the problems. None of that worrying about crap on the trail, soft start and stop, little physical energy expended, and most of all helps to reach those high caches.

It'd be tough to bushwack the last 20' into GZ with that on your back.
Aix sponsa
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My exact thoughts, bflentje. I'm trying to be a minimalist in my caching excursions but a fast minimalist. On the other hand, have you ever gone after caches on mine dumps? This would work great. Pearhead, just think if if we all had jet packs on FORM day. I wonder how hard they are to steer if all with six of us had converged on the same cache. AerosmithPA and Eskoclimber wouldn't need to be the only ones signing the log for the Cache of Death. Then there is Winter Friendly and See Der Cache in the Duluth and Cloquet areas. I'm sure Groundspeak wouldn't care if a cacher cut off a few branches that might be in the way. Twisted Evil This could raise caching to a whole new level. Forget the springy shoes, does Dunham Sports carry jet packs? I have a birthday coming up. Bye-bye to being vertically challenged.

Now back to the longboard. Just wait, you cachers will be putting the front tire on your bike, or lifting your bike off of a rack, or plodding along and I will go sailing past you. If I fly into the ditch and the board goes to the other ditch only every 100' that would only be 5 times per cache on a power trail. The fifth time I'd want to be off the board anyway to get the cache. It is all in one's perspective. The problem now to solve is what to do when I need to share the trail. Confused Shocked

loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would an electric scooter be considered a motorized vehicle? Alot of the trails have signs stating "No motorized vehicles allowed on trail".
ST11
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that is not on the ban list is a segway. Other than that it's a matter of not getting caught.
I have heard of people riding motorcycles down trails but that can only be done at night with the headlight off.

Or so I have heard Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: