MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SORR Amazing GPS Race

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jackremote
Geocacher


Joined: 02 Apr 2011

Posts: 37

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: SORR Amazing GPS Race Reply with quote

No, this isn't the Brooklyn Park Amazing Race below. I have participated in it 2 years now and I would like to ask if any people would want to go? The checkpoints are in Farmington, Rosemount, Lakeville, Savage, Burnsville and Eagan. It happens in May and I won last year. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swfan
Geocacher


Joined: 23 Feb 2008

Posts: 113

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you explane more about what this is? It sounds intresting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
King Boreas
Geocacher


Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Posts: 2442

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Time
9:00am until 2:00pm
Where

Burnsville City Hall, 100 Civic Center Drive, Burnsville, MN
Description

Charge your portable global positioning system (GPS) for the 3rd annual South of the River Recreators (SORR) GPS Amazing Family Race. Family teams of 2 or more members will compete in an amazing race that will take you on a whirlwind tour of SORR communities which encompasss Apple Valley, Burnsville, Eagan, Farmington, Lakeville, Rosemount, and Savage. We'll start off with a pre-race informational meeting and wrap-up with a post race party at race headquaters. Various checkpoints will have to be conquered. Be prepared to start your GPS after the pre-race meeting b/c the race will begin! Family racers will need a protable GPS, transportation and an open mind. Teams must consist of family/friends only and include at least one member 18 years of age or older.

Date: Saturday, May 2
Race Headquaters: Burnsville City Hall
Time: 9am pre-race meeting, 1pm post-race party
Cost: $25.00 per team

To register, visit www.burnsville.org/recreation
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jackremote
Geocacher


Joined: 02 Apr 2011

Posts: 37

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
When
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Time
9:00am until 2:00pm
Where

Burnsville City Hall, 100 Civic Center Drive, Burnsville, MN
Description

Charge your portable global positioning system (GPS) for the 3rd annual South of the River Recreators (SORR) GPS Amazing Family Race. Family teams of 2 or more members will compete in an amazing race that will take you on a whirlwind tour of SORR communities which encompasss Apple Valley, Burnsville, Eagan, Farmington, Lakeville, Rosemount, and Savage. We'll start off with a pre-race informational meeting and wrap-up with a post race party at race headquaters. Various checkpoints will have to be conquered. Be prepared to start your GPS after the pre-race meeting b/c the race will begin! Family racers will need a protable GPS, transportation and an open mind. Teams must consist of family/friends only and include at least one member 18 years of age or older.

Date: Saturday, May 2
Race Headquaters: Burnsville City Hall
Time: 9am pre-race meeting, 1pm post-race party
Cost: $25.00 per team

To register, visit www.burnsville.org/recreation


What he said. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Manfromwillow
Geocacher


Joined: 04 Oct 2009

Posts: 145

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
When
Saturday, May 2, 2009
is it a gps race or time travel?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jackremote
Geocacher


Joined: 02 Apr 2011

Posts: 37

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! No, it happens every year and if I recall was on May 5th of last year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
King Boreas
Geocacher


Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Posts: 2442

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manfromwillow wrote:
King Boreas wrote:
When
Saturday, May 2, 2009
is it a gps race or time travel?


oops ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
dornole
Geocacher


Joined: 03 Apr 2006

Posts: 464

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my team cannot include my enemies then I am out. : )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President


Joined: 04 Apr 2004

Posts: 5707

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dornole wrote:
If my team cannot include my enemies then I am out. : )


I was wondering who exactly couldn't be on the team. Thanks for clarifying. Smile
_________________
Hmm...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 26 Apr 2006

Posts: 3099

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dornole wrote:
If my team cannot include my enemies then I am out. : )


Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
_________________
"We never seek things for themselves-what we seek is the very seeking of things"-Pascal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pattenclan
Geocacher


Joined: 08 Oct 2011

Posts: 210

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooooo.....something else to do....and I know the hubby would love it....any clue what the date is this year?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Geocaching Cache Icons, Copyright 2009, Groundspeak Inc. All rights reserved. Used with Permission.