MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Garden Island 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wanted to snowmobile out there but never made it happen (yet).
jackremote
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking about getting passports this year. I say maybe I can go? Will be a whole week of planning though. Arrow Arrow Very Happy Shocked
Aix sponsa
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning to go for my second time, so count me in. I don't do the State Park challenges so I'm not even using the trip to meet a challenge. The last trip I earned my farthest north cache which still stands, a new province, one or two new counties, and cleaned out the Northwest Angle of its caches. Above and beyond that it was a great day on the lake stopping by the two caches that Captain Deb took us to. The fort was a very nice bonus. This time I'll know better than to take a 120 mile detour that wasn't used on weekends. Embarassed That was one lo-o-ong night.

RudeRat
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aix sponsa wrote:
I'm planning to go for my second time, so count me in. I don't do the State Park challenges so I'm not even using the trip to meet a challenge. The last trip I earned my farthest north cache which still stands, a new province, one or two new counties, and cleaned out the Northwest Angle of its caches. Above and beyond that it was a great day on the lake stopping by the two caches that Captain Deb took us to. The fort was a very nice bonus. This time I'll know better than to take a 120 mile detour that wasn't used on weekends. Embarassed That was one lo-o-ong night.
I'm sure you took that road because it was less traveled Wink
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All are welcome but in order for us to plan, we need a firm committment. If you have your passport (or plan on getting one), and plan on joining us, PM me directly and I will start managing the logistics. As plans evolve, keeping a direct line of communication with those joining us will be imperative (how many boats, how long we wait on the tardy, etc).

There's a high likelihood that some kind of a short social event will be planned before or after the boat trip. I would like to be the owner of the official MOST NORTHERLY event in the lower contiguous 48 states.

For those interested, GI cruise is being scheduled for the Friday. Looks like it will be a mid-morning junket. A stop at Penasse Island is also on the schedule. A stop at Oak Island is not likely since that cache is nothing but geo-trash and had it's permission revoked.

A weather contingency plan of Saturday is not yet confirmed one way or the other so don't count on it unless I confirm.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This trip is now a month away and we have a confirmed trip with Deb. I suspect no one has any serious interest. If you do, I gotta know soon.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the Avian Challenge geocache for Garden Island was hidden at Zippel Bay and no other caches are hidden on the island, the chartered boat trip has been cancelled. However, we are still camping at Zippel and planning to cache the Northwest Angle and Manitoba.
Trailbuds
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to get up there to shoot 360s for State Parks in that area for the Virtual Tours I'm producing for the State Parks and Trail. I'll try and coordinate my trip with this one. It would be fun to have company for sure.
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Because the Avian Challenge geocache for Garden Island was hidden at Zippel Bay and no other caches are hidden on the island, the chartered boat trip has been cancelled. However, we are still camping at Zippel and planning to cache the Northwest Angle and Manitoba.

Maybe they heard you.... Garden Island Avian Cache
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGilby4 wrote:
bflentje wrote:

Maybe they heard you.... Garden Island Avian Cache

And they gave it a 1 1/2 stars for terrain Rolling Eyes .
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I appreciate the hint. We're trying to rebook Deb today and the Great Northern Meet and Greet will still be taking place, but changed up a bit.
Trailbuds
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which campground are you camping at? Are you camping at Zippel both Aug 4rd and 5th?
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trailbuds wrote:
Which campground are you camping at? Are you camping at Zippel both Aug 4rd and 5th?

Sites 15, 16 and 17, I believe. Don't remember which of the three campgrounds at Zippel the sites are in.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note, if you intend on joining us at this event, please review the event listing as the timing has been tweaked..

The Great Northern Meet and Greet

The charter departs at noon. The event will follow the charter, eta between 2:30pm and 3pm. RSVP for the charter IS REQUIRED. Without RSVP at least 7 days before voyage, I cannot guarantee we'll have room. If you've RSVPed for the charter, DON'T BE LATE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: