MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012 MnGCA Spring Event
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Volunteer Opportunities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: 2012 MnGCA Spring Event Reply with quote

Now that the snow has finally arrived it's time to start thinking about the MnGCA Spring Event. Traditionally the Spring Event moves about the state. Recently it has been in the south (Nerstrand State Park) and the north (Duluth), so this time we are looking west-ish - around the Alexandria area. We are even hoping to actually have it in the spring this year - shooting for May 19th. The specific area and the date are always flexible as the parks we want sometimes aren't.

If you are interested in helping put on this event, speak now or forever be hounded until you finally give in. Please donít think you need live in Alexandria (or Alexandria adjacent) to assist, thereís lots to be done. If you are interested in lending a helping hand, please post here or contact the board for more information.
MamaDuck-24
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be glad to be on the committee. I have served on the past couple of Event committees, so I have experience and will be willing to spearhead the discussions.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if MamaDuck-24 is going to be on the committee, I'll volunteer too.
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Alexandria area firm for a location? We discussed this last year in a thread in the MNGCA general discussion area. I had made a suggestion for Garvin park south of Marshall. Any thoughts on that location? There are 2-3 good sized Shelter areas there and as far as I know they all have electric hookups at them. I know they have a turkey hunt there in May.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Alexandria area is firm for May 19th. Other locations were considered as well but it was narrowed down to the Alexandria area.
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up for it again.
MamaDuck-24
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WestSideDaddy wrote:
I'm up for it again.

I was going to contact you and see if you'd help.
Thanks!
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, the committee forum is up and running, let's get cracking!
MamaDuck-24
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted in Central MN seeking volunteers in the Alexandria area.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MamaDuck-24 wrote:

Great idea.
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MamaDuck-24 wrote:

Do we have a way to pull member names based on zip code, and do the communication/privacy policy allow for directly contacting those people in the Alex area?

It might be more effective to send an email directly to the people in the Alex/Fergus/Sauk Center area a targeted email letting them know the annual event is in their region and that they can volunteer.

I know it's in the forum, but we might get some fence sitters off the post with a more direct communication.
acer1976
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: about the alexandria earia Reply with quote

i was wondering wat places you are thinking about?

becous i live in alexandria,MN and i work at the arrowwood rezort and confrience center

if u have eney qusens you can e-mail me at acer1976earthlink.net@embarqmail.com or contack me vea skype my id is acer19761976 and wood like to help in eney way
MamaDuck-24
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: about the alexandria earia Reply with quote

[quote="acer1976"]i was wondering wat places you are thinking about?

becous i live in alexandria,MN and i work at the arrowwood rezort and confrience center

if u have eney qusens you can e-mail me at acer1976earthlink.net@embarqmail.com or contack me vea skype my id is acer19761976 and wood like to help in eney way[/quote

We are considering Chippewa Park. A few of us are going to be in the area on Saturday Mar 10th, if you'd like to join up with us. We'd like a contact in the Alex area to help set up for the day. We can always use more volunteers.

Fell free to PM me for more information.

Thanks!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: about the alexandria earia Reply with quote

acer1976 wrote:
i was wondering wat places you are thinking about?

if u have eney qusens you can e-mail me at acer1976earthlink.net@embarqmail.com or contack me vea skype my id is acer19761976 and wood like to help in eney way

Is this post an attempt at humor?
BigChiefS4
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am from Alexandria and my parents and my daughter live there now so I spend a lot of time up there. Beautiful country. Lots of caches in the area. One of my puzzles was published in December and still has yet to be found!

Ok, enough shameless self-promotion. I'll help as much as I can. Too bad I won't be back from my vacation until 10 March, otherwise I'd join y'all that weekend.

Christian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Volunteer Opportunities All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: