MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-February 2012

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-February 2012 Reply with quote

Accepting Nominations...

Although we will accept nominations at any time, this thread is to remind everyone that we are accepting Nominations for Cache of the Month for February of 2012. You can submit COTM nominations by using one of the following three methods…1) Send msteffel or I (ArcherDragoon) a Private Message through MNGCA.org or 2) Send msteffel or I (ArcherDragoon) an Email through Geocaching.com or 3) Post a nomination in this thread. Nominations need to be written in a way that gives the reader a spoiler-free description of what make the cache special. You must include the Cache Owner, Cache Name and Waypoint with your nomination. Your nomination must also include a brief write-up for the cache (at least a sentence...but I would prefer something a bit longer...I honestly think we are capable of writing a couple sentences or a nice paragraph).

For full details check here, but the short version - if you find an outstanding cache, reply to this post!!! Nominations for February 2012 Cache of the Month will remain open until the end of the month (January 31st).
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

w00t! Where's my dictionary and thesaurus.

Oh wait, IM needs to do this one. Wink
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On behalf of the Motley Crew, I nominate Gauntlet 2011 - Child's Play (GC2T2RB) by seldon

Quote:
Many cachers say they are not in it for the numbers. Here's a chance to prove it. One smiley, a lot of effort; you will remember this one. So, what say you - local cachers, those from outlying areas, Twin Cities, wherever - it's out there, waiting....

You know what it is. If you don't, read the logs. Go to this cache now, today, soon. I doubt there will ever be a better time to do this one. Start a rumor that you're going, and a dozen will show up.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well KB's nomination needs a worthy opponent so I'd like to nominate:

GC2HT5W-The Guardian Final - A Night Cache

We found this cache as well as a few other well done night caches in Woodbury New Year's Eve. This cache is actually part of a Guardian series where you need to find three traditional caches first and "make" a key to get the final coords to find the start of this night cache. The method of making the key, we have never seen done before and thought it very creative. The final itself is a traditional night cache, and is very well done with tacs that are easy to see and close together, so they guide you through a great night walk in a nice park. The CO even thoughtfully provided tacs AFTER the cache, to help you find your way out. A very enjoyable series of caches that the whole family will enjoy.

If someone would provide me with the code to make a clickable link, I'll edit this to add.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
On behalf of the Motley Crew, I nominate Gauntlet 2011 - Child's Play (GC2T2RB) by seldon

Quote:
Many cachers say they are not in it for the numbers. Here's a chance to prove it. One smiley, a lot of effort; you will remember this one. So, what say you - local cachers, those from outlying areas, Twin Cities, wherever - it's out there, waiting....

You know what it is. If you don't, read the logs. Go to this cache now, today, soon. I doubt there will ever be a better time to do this one. Start a rumor that you're going, and a dozen will show up.

This cache is so 2011.. Wink
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Closing shop soon on this thread...only a couple days left...
sparkyfry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, what the heck. I'll nominate Tons of Sex (GC397WG) by 3fortner. It's just a well designed urban cache, and one of the best first caches hidden that I've seen. I went looking for it incredibly unsure what to expect based on the name, but it turns out it's totally family friendly and the name is just a pun based on the history of the area. I fear the name might be scaring some people off, so I thought a COTM nomination might act as a counterbalance. I hope to see many more from 3fortner!
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkyfry wrote:
Eh, what the heck. I'll nominate Tons of Sex (GC397WG) by 3fortner. It's just a well designed urban cache, and one of the best first caches hidden that I've seen. I went looking for it incredibly unsure what to expect based on the name, but it turns out it's totally family friendly and the name is just a pun based on the history of the area. I fear the name might be scaring some people off, so I thought a COTM nomination might act as a counterbalance. I hope to see many more from 3fortner!

I agree, it is a very well done cache. I was a little reluctant to look for it because of the name, but Sparky is right, it is family friendly.
Team Dennis
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
Well KB's nomination needs a worthy opponent so I'd like to nominate:

The Guardian Final - A Night Cache

If someone would provide me with the code to make a clickable link, I'll edit this to add.

I've not had the pleasure of finding this cache...yet...but I hope that day is fast approaching. I've done several of Diehard's other caches in the area and they are all quite fun.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC2HT5W
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: