MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gat R Done...new MN Reviewer?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackremote
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Gat R Done...new MN Reviewer? Reply with quote

I've noticed lately that a new publisher named Gat R Done is publishing caches in MN. On his page it says that he is MN.Fruitcake's cousin from Miami. MN gladly welcomes Gat R Done and wonder if he/she is just a substitute or a permanent publisher.
kc9gbo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the first ones tonight publish from them, and a few seconds later Fruitcake was disabling a cache. I'm curious also.
MN.Fruitcake
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He/she is a permanent addition to reviewing for the state.

A little background:

In October my employment situation changed such that I no longer had the same amounts of free time that I have enjoyed for the past 10 years. After about a month I realized that I would need some additional help in reviewing for the state. This wasn't a big surprise to me - I knew that additional help would be required by springtime anyway.

At the moment we haven't figure out for sure how we'll split up the workload, but it will likely be something that is pretty close to random.
jackremote
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, double the reviewers so double the chance that it will get published the day it was hidden.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackremote wrote:
Great, double the reviewers so double the chance that it will get published the day it was hidden.

I've got no complaints in turn around time. Very Happy
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
jackremote wrote:

I've got no complaints in turn around time. Very Happy

The trick is trying to figure out their schedule and which cache to try to get by which reviewer... Cool
kc9gbo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wisconsin ones flip every week at like 5pm on Sunday. Bec usually publishes between 6-8 on her weeks while WisKid is totally random, Bec weeks are nice for ftf grabs!
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Gat R Done...new MN Reviewer? Reply with quote

jackremote wrote:
I've noticed lately that a new publisher named Gat R Done is publishing caches in MN. On his page it says that he is MN.Fruitcake's cousin from Miami. MN gladly welcomes Gat R Done and wonder if he/she is just a substitute or a permanent publisher.

I had no idea Grey Wolf and MN Fruitcake were related Shocked
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Gat R Done...new MN Reviewer? Reply with quote

timewellspent wrote:
jackremote wrote:

I had no idea Grey Wolf and MN Fruitcake were related Shocked

"Like"
Gat R Done
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Everyone.

After a week of reviewing and publishing caches, I thought January 1, 2012 would be a good time to introduce myself.

As the Reviewer Gat R Done, I will be sharing the review and publishing of caches in Minnesota with MN.Fruitcake. For at least the next week, I will continue to publish most of the caches submitted to learn the process and become better acquainted with the numerous situations that come up. It's been quite an enjoyable learning experience. MN.Fruitcake has told me that Minnesota geocachers have been a excellent group of people to work with. I look forward to working with everyone.

And who is Gat R Done?

Yes, many of you know me. I am Grey Wolf of the 'player' account Grey Wolf and Wild Rice. I have been caching for over 9 years now. I started caching when living in Florida and found over 1300 caches in that state. In the early days of geocaching, 1300 finds was a HUGE number. In June of 2006, after living in Florida for 10 years, we returned to the state where I grew up. Why you might as? That's another story too long for here. Presently my find count is 9350 and I own 422 hides. My hides are in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Florida, and Eleuthera. Good Luck if anyone want to use me for the Geo-Stalker Challenge!

After geocaching locally for the past 5 years, I have met many great people. Recently I was asked if I would be available to help the geocaching community by becoming a Volunteer Reviewer, as the interest in geocaching is ever expanding. I was honored to be asked and accepted to invitation.

I had considered remaining anonymous, but with just one slight slip up I knew there were some cachers in the local community who would ID me in an instant.

With two Reviewers for Minnesota, we will strive to do our best to be consistent in how we each interpret the Groundspeak Guidelines when reviewing cache submissions. I am retired, so the times I review caches will be quite random.

I'm going to make some publishing errors, and for that I just ask your patience and understanding.

Most likely I will use the MN cache reviewing for any updates. If you need to contact me, please use the contact link on my Reviewer account: http://coord.info/PR1KXDH .

Thanks.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't sure if those references to you were true or not. You certainly didn't make any mistakes yesterday Confused Good luck in your new role Bill.
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gat R Done wrote:
I had considered remaining anonymous, but with just one slight slip up I knew there were some cachers in the local community who would ID me in an instant.

By slip up do you mean using Gat R Done as a chaching name and saying you were from Miami? Wink

I wasn't sure, but had to take a stab at it. Welcome Bill, you and Matt will make a good team and thanks for stepping up to help him out!
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We appreciate you in your new role. Thanks for jumping out on the limb.
kc9gbo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't had the pleasure of meeting you or finding any of your caches yet, but I've previously looked at the pages so just from them I'm sure you'll do fine.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still giggle about the first we met in Fridley. I was fairly green and making quite a racket. Trails? We don't need no stinking trails.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: