MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dakota County Whitetail Woods natural resource work

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MN.Fruitcake
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Dakota County Whitetail Woods natural resource work Reply with quote

We received the following email from our contact at Dakota County Parks today:

Quote:
I wanted to let you know that we are currently conducting natural resource work at Whitetail Woods Regional Park and are concerned that caches located within this park may be inadvertently affected. The natural resource work will be ongoing for the next four years and will include the use of heavy machinery to selectively remove trees, burn brush and to perform trail maintenance. Because natural resource work is weather dependent, it is hard to predict on what days and at which areas within Whitetail Woods Regional Park work will be performed.

We would like your help in notifying new geocachers to Whitetail Woods Regional Park about the possibility of damage and disturbance to all geocaches within this park. Can you please pass along the following message to new geocachers, who register a new geocashe at Whitetail Woods Regional Park.

Quote:
Whitetail Woods Regional Park is currently having natural resource work performed and all caches within this park are at risk of possible damage and disturbance. The natural resource work will be ongoing for the next four years and will include the use of heavy machinery to selectively remove trees, burn brush and to perform trail maintenance. Please be aware of these changing conditions.

I have already notified current geocache owners at Whitetail Woods Regional Park.

Gat R Done and I will try and notify new cachers of the changes as caches are submitted as well, but sometimes these things can slip through the cracks.
tonkaMN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got seven caches in the park today and there is evidence of the tree removal. None of the caches we looked for were missing but I could see that it is possible that a tree with a cache in it could be removed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: