MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fulfilling the Fizzy Challenge - what is the hardest combo?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
psubrian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Fulfilling the Fizzy Challenge - what is the hardest combo? Reply with quote

So for those of you who are either really close to fulfilling the Fizzy Challenge, or for those who have already completed the impressive feat, I'm wondering what you think is the hardest combination is fulfill? To the outsider, one may think the 5/5 is the hardest, but by doing some random looking at cache stats, I see many cachers, across the country, with mulitiple 5/5s and still missing plenty of other grid combos.

For those of us located in Minnesota, I suppose (although I haven't done the homework) that there may be some combos that are very rare and I guess ultimately that's my question - what are the rarest combos to find.

I was going to do a poll, but realized that would involve too many possibilities.

Open for discussion!
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have six left. Four of them require a 4.5. The other two a 5. Surprisingly one is a 1/4.5. I don't too often travel to cache, however I often cache when traveling. These last six must be either far from my radius, or involve a challenge I have no hope or interest in completing. I hope to pick up a few more this winter and a goal is to finish sometime in 2012.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 4.5/5 was the hardest for me to fullfil. But now I have two of them.
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
I only have six left. Four of them require a 4.5. The other two a 5. Surprisingly one is a 1/4.5. I don't too often travel to cache, however I often cache when traveling. These last six must be either far from my radius, or involve a challenge I have no hope or interest in completing. I hope to pick up a few more this winter and a goal is to finish sometime in 2012.

If you are ever going up North on I-35 stop and get GC2N04Q in Forest Lake. It is an easy 1/4.5 just off the highway.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:
KRedEP wrote:

If you are ever going up North on I-35 stop and get GC2N04Q in Forest Lake. It is an easy 1/4.5 just off the highway.

an easy 4.5? I'll have to check it out. Thanks!
seeingitdifferent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at it I think a 5/3 is the hardest. There are 2 that I have found in a 80 mile radius of Maple Grove
Hal-oween
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am struggling with 5/3.5 and 3.5/5. The sick part is that I have DNF'ed a 5/3.5 twice.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seeingitdifferent wrote:
Looking at it I think a 5/3 is the hardest. There are 2 that I have found in a 80 mile radius of Maple Grove

hmm well not anymore. Unless I can convince the CO to change the terrain to what it really is, a 3.5. Wink

Hal-oween wrote:
I am struggling with 5/3.5 and 3.5/5. The sick part is that I have DNF'ed a 5/3.5 twice.

Agreed. I only need three more: 5/3.5, 4.5/4.5, 1/4.5
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
seeingitdifferent wrote:

hmm well not anymore. Unless I can convince the CO to change the terrain to what it really is, a 3.5. Wink

Hal-oween wrote:

I bet the challenge would be a lot easier if you could pick your own ratings... Wink
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
seeingitdifferent wrote:

Hal-oween wrote:

Watch for falling rocks GC13X1C in Duluth is a fun 4.5/4.5. You might need to bring a step stool though! Oh, and wait until it is back in place, I guess it is disabled.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:

I bet the challenge would be a lot easier if you could pick your own ratings... Wink

isn't that the truth!

Red_Devil35 wrote:

Watch for falling rocks GC13X1C in Duluth is a fun 4.5/4.5. You might need to bring a step stool though! Oh, and wait until it is back in place, I guess it is disabled.
thanks for the help!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
Pear Head wrote:

isn't that the truth!

Then it wouldn't be a challenge.. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: