MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fridaynight caching: Friday, December 2nd, 7:00 pm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WestSideDaddy wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:
Watch, and mock those who are last to find! (Usually me)

THe upside to MNFishnutz WNC is that if you are last to find (of the first to find) you get one of those awesome leather key rings Wink (I hope)

gosh it will never get found! Wink
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son had to go the bathroom on the way to one of the caches at the last event where mnfishnutz did this, so we got the LTF prize on one cache. The scars heal eventually. My son did need counseling, though.

On another note, I forgot I had volunteered to drive on a field trip for my daughter Friday night, but lucky lucky, they had a lot of volunteers and my name didn't get called. Woot! So...

Infernape and I should be able to make it!

Food, drinks, shared FTFs on mnfishnutz caches, conversation, other cachers, Friday night. Gosh darn it, there's a lot to like with this!
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mnfishnutz wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:
mnfishnutz wrote:
The caches include 6 yet to be published caches which will be published on the night of the Week Night caching.

Something nearby so I can run a PQ for precaching?

Lots and lots of caches nearby. You could probably just cache for a couple hours (if time allowed) beforehand. Laughing

I am asking for a direction, please. Lake Minnetonka is large. Can you at least tell me what side of the lake we will be on?
Quilting is fun too
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a lot of fun - can't wait!
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't make it I'll be working a long week. Just getting my 52nd hour now and have two more days of work to go. When finished Saturday I will have worked over 70 hours and seven straight days.
mnfishnutz
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The parking for the main geocaching is on Old Crystal Bay Rd. with the junction of the Luce Line Trail in Orono.For eating and socializing after caching go to Red Rooster. The address is 1832 W Wayzata Blvd, Long Lake, MN and, for those with who prefer coordinates, the resturant is at about
N 44 59.144 W 93 34.218.

Hope to see you there,
mnfishnutz
two of hearts
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the wife (Barb) wants to use my new flashlight so we will be there
ThePurplePuppy
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning on it!
Copaman
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there!
Copaman
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might need to PAF for directions, as I've been known to dork up these WNC events when I'm not too clear on the directions. Embarassed
tcfm
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the parking for the main geocaching is on Old Crystal Bay Rd. with the junction of the Luce Line Trail in Orono

At the next "big" road to the west, Stubb's Bay Road, there is a big parking lot on the Luce Line with several caches within a very short walk if anyone is interested. We biked west from there this summer. Nice area, lots of deer.
seamusbleu
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tcfm wrote:
Quote:
the parking for the main geocaching is on Old Crystal Bay Rd. with the junction of the Luce Line Trail in Orono

At the next "big" road to the west, Stubb's Bay Road, there is a big parking lot on the Luce Line with several caches within a very short walk if anyone is interested. We biked west from there this summer. Nice area, lots of deer.

Sounds like that is right at Beyond the Ho Ho, for those having trouble plugging in the lat/long above (like me).

Hoping to make it myself, but I've been bitten by the flu-bug the last couple of days. I'll have to see how I feel later in the day.
mnfishnutz
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tcfm wrote:
Quote:

Don't park there unless you want a really long walk! The street we suggested for parking is right in the middle of the six caches. 3 to the east and 3 to the west. What we are suggesting is that the group finds the caches to the east first and then the three to the west last. But yes, if you want a lot more caches to find, that is the place.
Hal-oween
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in!
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two of us are hoping to make it. Like Copaman I'd like more sure directions - not being familiar with the area. Could someone post coordinates of where we're meeting?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: