MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fridaynight caching: Friday, December 2nd, 7:00 pm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mnfishnutz
Geocacher


Joined: 07 May 2009

Posts: 86

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note for anyone looking at this topic and to clarify from my earlier post, details for where to park will be available Friday.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fireman121
Geocacher


Joined: 06 Feb 2005

Posts: 550

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what are the caches?
_________________
Remember One does not need the MNGCA to geocache, but the MNGCA does need members to survive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mnfishnutz
Geocacher


Joined: 07 May 2009

Posts: 86

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The caches include 6 yet to be published caches which will be published on the night of the Week Night caching.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pattenclan
Geocacher


Joined: 08 Oct 2011

Posts: 210

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish the Clan could be up there, but it is a bit too far to go...on a Friday night...with me and 4 kids. That and the gas budget is kind of tight due to a couple of random caching trips taken the day after/weekend after turkey day. Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
qwerty2582
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 03 Apr 2009

Posts: 458

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOSNOW wrote:
qwerty2582 wrote:
Work has me committed that evening... but I might try to sneak away from it Smile


Do you need help getting out of the straight jacket? Or are you just getting place in a padded cell?


By the time Friday night rolls around, I'll probably need a straight jacket AND a padded cell Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board


Joined: 10 Jun 2009

Posts: 910

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JJnTJ
Geocacher


Joined: 23 Aug 2010

Posts: 218

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More mnfishnutz caches you say? Opportunity to ride the coattails of people who can actually find them (i.e. not me)? I'm so there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tcfm
Geocacher


Joined: 06 Aug 2011

Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I might be headed there we have a date night each week, scheduled for Thursday, ,but we're waiting to hear back from the sitter if she will be available Friday night instead.

not having done this, how does it work? We meet at a per-determined location and cache as a group?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PCC322
Geocacher


Joined: 18 Oct 2009

Posts: 134

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry. Can't be there. Next time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mnfishnutz
Geocacher


Joined: 07 May 2009

Posts: 86

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tcfm wrote:
My wife and I might be headed there we have a date night each week, scheduled for Thursday, ,but we're waiting to hear back from the sitter if she will be available Friday night instead.

not having done this, how does it work? We meet at a per-determined location and cache as a group?

Yes, generally it is a large group of people going to a group of caches. Every person searches for it and as soon as you find it, you leave it be and step off to the side. The last person to find it signs for the group (generally just WNC or something). Lots of fun to watch (especially if you are the cache owners) Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 26 Apr 2006

Posts: 3099

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mnfishnutz wrote:
The caches include 6 yet to be published caches which will be published on the night of the Week Night caching.


Something nearby so I can run a PQ for precaching?
_________________
"We never seek things for themselves-what we seek is the very seeking of things"-Pascal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 26 Apr 2006

Posts: 3099

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mnfishnutz wrote:
tcfm wrote:
My wife and I might be headed there we have a date night each week, scheduled for Thursday, ,but we're waiting to hear back from the sitter if she will be available Friday night instead.

not having done this, how does it work? We meet at a per-determined location and cache as a group?

Yes, generally it is a large group of people going to a group of caches. Every person searches for it and as soon as you find it, you leave it be and step off to the side. The last person to find it signs for the group (generally just WNC or something). Lots of fun to watch (especially if you are the cache owners) Very Happy
Watch, and mock those who are last to find! (Usually me)
_________________
"We never seek things for themselves-what we seek is the very seeking of things"-Pascal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Matildamay
Geocacher


Joined: 25 Nov 2011

Posts: 7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hollyberrie and I will try and make it. Sounds like a great time!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mnfishnutz
Geocacher


Joined: 07 May 2009

Posts: 86

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
mnfishnutz wrote:
The caches include 6 yet to be published caches which will be published on the night of the Week Night caching.


Something nearby so I can run a PQ for precaching?

Lots and lots of caches nearby. You could probably just cache for a couple hours (if time allowed) beforehand. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 06 Apr 2010

Posts: 561

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
Watch, and mock those who are last to find! (Usually me)


THe upside to MNFishnutz WNC is that if you are last to find (of the first to find) you get one of those awesome leather key rings Wink (I hope)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Geocaching Cache Icons, Copyright 2009, Groundspeak Inc. All rights reserved. Used with Permission.