MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac and Caching question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject: Mac and Caching question Reply with quote

I was wondering if some could bring me up to speed on caching technology I have had a long absence from caching and was thinking about taking it up again. Since the last time I ran a PQ I was using GSAK but have changed over to sing a Mac. My question is what programs do Mac users prefer when running PQ.
two of hearts
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arnie, nice to hear from you. I am a Mac user and I have Garmin 62st and 64st and no third party software is needed. With my old Garmin 60 I used MacCaching which is like gsask only not as powerful. So, it depends on the unit you will be using. The Garmin gps units are so much more useful in all the info they hold. Let me know if I can help in anyway. How about skater girl? what she doing? how time goes by

Patrick two of hearts
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Arnie! Welcome back!
BobboTeam
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am posting mostly here because I want to be sure and follow this thread. I am a long-time Mac user, and currently I use my iMac, a cellular-enabled iPad, and an iPhone (with official Geocaching app installed) to do all my cache hunting. I would very much like to learn more about what others on the Mac platform are using.
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run GSAK on my Mac, running Windoze 7 under Parallels.
Tuxedo Duck
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use iCaching on my Macbook and it works well for me. I am able to load the caches on both of my Garmins (GPSMAP 60 CSx and etrex Venture HC).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: