MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting December 2011 Cache Of The Month Nominations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Accepting December 2011 Cache Of The Month Nominations Reply with quote

Nominations for December 2011 Cache of the Month are now open (from now till end of day on November 30th). For full details check here, but the short version - if you find an outstanding cache, reply to this post with the caches name and what made it so special that you want to nominate it for Cache of the Month!

Cool crisp mornings and caching what a great combination!
GUROJO
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate GEO-CLUE: A Lead Pipe Cinch?, http://coord.info/GC2PJTM by salsman for December COTM. His creative puzzle is both challenging and a lot of fun. The puzzle will make you smile but the cache itself will make you laugh. The design of the container is unique as is the delivery system for the log. Most favor this one right away as one of the best caches in the area. If you haven't had a chance to get it yet, do yourself a favor and enjoy this caching experience.

Last edited by GUROJO on Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
team_geomonkey
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate Bemidji Legacy: Downtown Bemidji by Fargnot for December COTM. I always look forward to caching this area, but this last time I was treated to some fairly new ones that have a few requirements I had not used before making each stage even more unique and fun!
Copaman
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate The Dead Zone by mnpilot for December Cache of the Month. A bunch of us were out caching on 11/11/11, and we came across this one. "No sweat," we thought as we walked to it. Well, it was more challenging than it appears. I've seen a lot of clever hides, but never have seen one quite like this one. It was well done, and had us stumped longer than just about any of other 35+ caches we encountered all day. This was very well done, gave a us all big smilies, and was probably the biggest surprise of the day.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate Why be angry with (spuke)?

I worked on the answers for the puzzle and headed to stage 1 where I received more info. I found out I had mistaken the thousandth digit of phi for the thousandth digit of pi. My mistake sent me home to find the correct answer. I headed back another day and found the 2nd stage but couldn't quite figure out how to retrieve the log. It dawned on me later that day what to do. I headed back a couple days later, made the find, chuckling all the while and then chatted with (spuke) for a bit. I really enjoyed the effort and cleverness that went into this cache and I think once you find it and meet (spuke) if you haven't already, you'll enjoy the adventure too!
gdawgs
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:
I'd like to nominate Why be angry with (spuke)?

I worked on the answers for the puzzle and headed to stage 1 where I received more info. I found out I had mistaken the thousandth digit of phi for the thousandth digit of pi. My mistake sent me home to find the correct answer. I headed back another day and found the 2nd stage but couldn't quite figure out how to retrieve the log. It dawned on me later that day what to do. I headed back a couple days later, made the find, chuckling all the while and then chatted with (spuke) for a bit. I really enjoyed the effort and cleverness that went into this cache and I think once you find it and meet (spuke) if you haven't already, you'll enjoy the adventure too!

I'll second that nomination. Great cache!
rosebud55112
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

team_geomonkey wrote:
I would like to nominate Bemidji Legacy: Downtown Bemidji by Fargnot for December COTM. I always look forward to caching this area, but this last time I was treated to some fairly new ones that have a few requirements I had not used before making each stage even more unique and fun!

I'll certainly second this nomination, if that is necessary. A fun, interesting cache with a twist.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rosebud55112 wrote:
team_geomonkey wrote:

I'll certainly second this nomination, if that is necessary. A fun, interesting cache with a twist.

I have to agree - I did this cache in May when I was in town for the Breakfast Buddies event. This was an excellent cache - likely my favorite for the year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: