MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Firearms Deer Season!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copaman wrote:
One thing I would suggest is that if you are in an area with a known hunt taking place, I would disable the cache for the period of hunting and then re-enable it when the event is complete.

Last year, we were trying for a cache while bow hunting was occurring in the area. I sent a message off to the CO about it, and he temp disabled it for the three weeks while hunting was going on in the park with a note about what was happening and then re-enabled it. I had to do that in the past with one of my caches in Burnsville.

I would also encourage people who have caches in active hunting areas to use the "hunting" attribute on their caches as well.

Also, as I pointed out in my post, hunting isn't limited to outside the Metro area. I have had to disable one of my Burnsville caches because of hunting events periodically scheduled in that park.

The hunting attribute should be a must but I won't disable my caches. The general hunt doesn't mean you can't be in an area (you should be smart though) and if there are prescribed hunts? Geocachers should be reading and obeying any signage, like the deer hunt in Dakota County parks, for example.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Copaman wrote:
One thing I would suggest is that if you are in an area with a known hunt taking place, I would disable the cache for the period of hunting and then re-enable it when the event is complete.

Last year, we were trying for a cache while bow hunting was occurring in the area. I sent a message off to the CO about it, and he temp disabled it for the three weeks while hunting was going on in the park with a note about what was happening and then re-enabled it. I had to do that in the past with one of my caches in Burnsville.

I would also encourage people who have caches in active hunting areas to use the "hunting" attribute on their caches as well.

Also, as I pointed out in my post, hunting isn't limited to outside the Metro area. I have had to disable one of my Burnsville caches because of hunting events periodically scheduled in that park.

The hunting attribute should be a must but I won't disable my caches. The general hunt doesn't mean you can't be in an area (you should be smart though) and if there are prescribed hunts? Geocachers should be reading and obeying any signage, like the deer hunt in Dakota County parks, for example.

Hey Bart! We agree on something ... Rolling Eyes Wink
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
bflentje wrote:
Copaman wrote:

We agree on a lot more than you think.. Laughing
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
King Boreas wrote:
bflentje wrote:
Copaman wrote:

What universe did I just find?
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNMizzou wrote:
bflentje wrote:
King Boreas wrote:
bflentje wrote:
Copaman wrote:

What universe did I just find?

Show me a thread where I've publicly disagreed on anything Ian's ever said.. ONE thread won't count.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thread is One thread...come on now...you shouldn't be contradicting yourself!!!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcherDragoon wrote:
A thread is One thread...come on now...you shouldn't be contradicting yourself!!!

Fair enough, but I meant to say, more than one thread.
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canterandrace couldn't find Quiring, MN (Traditional Cache) at 9/1/2013

Log Date: 9/1/2013
Looked all over, but didn't find anything. Suspect it may have gone missing. We even looked in the grass below the beacon in case it had fallen somehow. While we were there, the sheriff happened to drive by, wondering if he could help us. He was really nice but he couldn't help on this one. We explained geocaching to him and he smiled and nodded and wished us better luck on the next cache. Not too long after we drove away we spotted a bear ahead of us crossing the road. Awesome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: