MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7 cache size challenge?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: 7 cache size challenge? Reply with quote

I know that there is a challenge cache for getting 7 different types of caches in one day, but does anyone know if there is one for getting all 7 cache sizes in one day?
Manfromwillow
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seven sizes? I can only come up with five...
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manfromwillow wrote:

Large, Regular, Small, Micro, Other, Not Chosen and Virtual
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you are. I'm not quite sure if it's what youre looking for but it's the closest thing I could find. If you want to do a 7 size in a day challenge tha'd be great! Just do one yourself I'd go for that one!
Manfromwillow
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:
Manfromwillow wrote:

8. If virtual is a cache size, the eighth would be earthcache.
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manfromwillow wrote:
tonkaMN wrote:
Manfromwillow wrote:

An EC is Not Chosen.
Guitar Solo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigilwig44 wrote:
Manfromwillow wrote:
tonkaMN wrote:
Manfromwillow wrote:

An EC is Not Chosen.

Isn't an EarthCache a marked as virtual?
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Solo wrote:
sigilwig44 wrote:
Manfromwillow wrote:
tonkaMN wrote:
Manfromwillow wrote:

An EC is Not Chosen.

Isn't an EarthCache a marked as virtual?

Nope, here's a pix (It might take awhile to load):

Brooklyn51
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you want to do a 7 size in a day challenge tha'd be great! Just do one yourself I'd go for that one!

Just a question: If you hide a Challenge cache do you have to have completed the challenge yourself before hand? It's not like you can log your own challenge cache -- well you can, but that would be frowned on.

Just wondering. Thanks.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Just a question: If you hide a Challenge cache do you have to have completed the challenge yourself before hand? It's not like you can log your own challenge cache -- well you can, but that would be frowned on.

Just wondering. Thanks.

Code:

Challenge cache owners must demonstrate that the challenge is attainable.  Reviewers may ask the cache owner to demonstrate that they have previously met the challenge and/or that a substantial number of other geocachers would be able to do so.

Challenge cache owners must demonstrate that the challenge is attainable. Reviewers may ask the cache owner to demonstrate that they have previously met the challenge and/or that a substantial number of other geocachers would be able to do so.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="King Boreas"]
Quote:
Challenge cache owners must demonstrate that the challenge is attainable. Reviewers may ask the cache owner to demonstrate that they have previously met the challenge and/or that a substantial number of other geocachers would be able to do so.

I highlighted the folly in the requirement. While I love doing challenges, there are MANY of them that only a SMALL number of us are willing to tolerate.
Brooklyn51
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading some other forums - I think I'm not being clear. I'm not speaking of the challenge caches that are the "new" virtuals - where you maybe perform an act or visit a site. I am talking about the challenge that requires finding caches with certain criteria attached such as having found a cache-a-day for a year, a cache from each state, a cache from each county, caches whose titles begin with a different letter of the alphabet--that sort of challenge. I guess those might be referred to as cache challenges (not challenge caches). Again the question is does the owner have to have completed the challenge themselves first? Thanks.
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooklyn51 wrote:
After reading some other forums - I think I'm not being clear. I'm not speaking of the challenge caches that are the "new" virtuals - where you maybe perform an act or visit a site. I am talking about the challenge that requires finding caches with certain criteria attached such as having found a cache-a-day for a year, a cache from each state, a cache from each county, caches whose titles begin with a different letter of the alphabet--that sort of challenge. I guess those might be referred to as cache challenges (not challenge caches). Again the question is does the owner have to have completed the challenge themselves first? Thanks.

See KB's post.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooklyn51 wrote:

No. As the cache owner you have published the cache. While you certainly could it is generally considered bad etiquette to log your own cache.
Brooklyn51
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As the cache owner you have published the cache. While you certainly could it is generally considered bad etiquette to log your own cache.

The question wasn't about logging it--that we know the etiquette there--it was about having to complete the challenge to show it is legitimate.
But after a bit of research beyond this forum, I think the answer is that it is up to the reviewer. We have an idea for what we think will be a fun challenge, but in viewing our own stats we still need to find 5 more caches to actually have met the challenge ourselves. We were hoping to publish the cache soon as it will be really timely based on our criteria and may give several a chance to complete it in the near future.

I guess we'll submit it to the reviewer and let the chips fall where they may. (We do intend to complete the challenge ourselves, just because, but we wouldn't think of logging our own cache!)

Thanks everyone for your help with this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: