MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have you ever gotten pulled over for looking suspicious?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeRat wrote:
I was kicked out of a park in Grand Rapids a few years age. It was 6pm (dark) and the park closed at 10pm. I argued I had a right to be there but was told that due to the “call” I was “creating a disturbance” and had to leave or he would arrest me. Of all my encounters, of which there have been many, this one bugged me the most.

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I pretend to be one, but I just don't see this charge holding up...
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
RudeRat wrote:
I was kicked out of a park in Grand Rapids a few years age. It was 6pm (dark) and the park closed at 10pm. I argued I had a right to be there but was told that due to the “call” I was “creating a disturbance” and had to leave or he would arrest me. Of all my encounters, of which there have been many, this one bugged me the most.

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I pretend to be one, but I just don't see this charge holding up...

Probably not, but he'd still get arrested.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
Pear Head wrote:
RudeRat wrote:

in my book that would be more punishment than I'd want.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
pfalstad wrote:
Pear Head wrote:
RudeRat wrote:

But think of the story if you had that "gift of writing"...
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
KRedEP wrote:
pfalstad wrote:
Pear Head wrote:
RudeRat wrote:

But think of the story if you had that "gift of writing"...

Very Happy
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not pulled over, but approached by a U.S. Federal Marshal on Sunday, as I was looking for a cache near the intersection of 4th Street and Jackson Street in St. Paul, which happens to be behind the Federal Courthouse. I was told there were 15 guys inside watching me on camera and wondering what I was doing. He also said they've watched people searching through the free newspaper boxes across the street, in the traffic cones, etc. Since there's a lot of PDOP with caches anywhere in either downtown due to the tall buildings, and the coords were loose on a few of the other caches I found that day downtown, and I'm normally not one to immediately post an SBA log on a cache just because I couldn't find it, I didn't post one, but others should be aware that you're being watched on closed circuit TV if you're looking for GC3WFN5.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some knucklehead hid a cache in the parking lot of a DHS office in Kentucky. The officials there know about it and take great pleasure in watching geocachers and coming out to scare the bejeezers out of them. I was one of those victims.
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Some knucklehead hid a cache in the parking lot of a DHS office in Kentucky. The officials there know about it and take great pleasure in watching geocachers and coming out to scare the bejeezers out of them. I was one of those victims.

LOL, surprised they have a (sick) sense of humor about it. What's the GC?
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
bflentje wrote:

LOL, surprised they have a (sick) sense of humor about it. What's the GC?

I'd have to look it up but I know it is now archived and was located in London, KY.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The is/was also a cache outside the FBI HQ in DC and with the loose coords/tall buildings the cache was full of people saying they had wandered to the wrong area and were approached by scary people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: