MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DeLorme triviata

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trekkin' and Birdin'
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: DeLorme triviata Reply with quote

We've been poking away at this challenge and on our trip out west, we plotted out to get a few more pages and state parks on our way. I thought Lake Carlos was on page 45, because that's what the atlas says. Imagine the surprise when my map came back with page 53 instead.

Looking at the coordinates for the first stage of that cache, they are 46 00.0047.
Page 45's northern limit is .000.

Not a big deal, we needed that page, too, but now that I colored in the wrong page on my atlas, it will bug me no end until this wrong is corrected! Normally we try and cache a page with some intensity, but because this was a "passing through on our way" trip, we only found that one.

We had something similar happen while doing the original Wisconsin challenge. Must be our destiny or something.
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're paranoid with the delorme challenges, aren't you? Laughing
Trekkin' and Birdin'
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not paranoid, just detail oriented. It would be a shame to think you've covered all your bases, ready to go look for the final and then realize you missed a detail 279 miles from home.

We know people that's happened to, too! Including, as I said, almost us for Wisconsin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: