MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Springbrook nature center

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andysuave
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Springbrook nature center Reply with quote

From what I have seen most of these Rules are no different than most parks, other than the fact you have to remove it after a year. Will as many people take the effort to place quality caches??

Springbrook Geocaching Rules
1. Caches must not be buried and must be accessible when the geocacher has both feet on the ground.
2. Caches must be public. No member-only or subscription caches are allowed.
3. Caches must be placed so that existing trails can be used to get close to the cache. All caches must be placed within 1/10 mile of existing asphalt or mowed trails.
4. Placement of geocaches within the maintained landscape plantings is prohibited.
5. Geocaches must be mailed to the Springbrook Nature Center using the online registration form.
6. Geocaches must not contain items that are offensive, dangerous or illegal.
7. Access to geocaches will be subject to the Springbrook policies, including hours of operation, designated trail uses, maintenance standards and natural resource management activities.
8. Springbrook retains the right to remove a cache when its in an inappropriate location, or if it is not registered with the Nature Center.
9. Each person may place a maximum of 3 caches within Springbrook Nature Center. No more than 20 caches will be allowed within Springbrook at one time.
10. Geocaches must be relocated or removed within 12 months of placement. This ensures new caches and locations are available for new geocacher challenges.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where roughly is Springbrook, and do you have the url where you found these rules?
andysuave
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fridley is basically between Minneapolis and Coon Rapids. Here is the link

http://www.springbrooknaturecenter.org/graphics/uploaded/file/SNC%20Geocaching%20Guidelines%209-5-11.pdf
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Springbrook nature center Reply with quote

andysuave wrote:

5. Geocaches must be mailed to the Springbrook Nature Center using the online registration form.

I'm not sure if you are part of the Springbrook Nature Center or not, but number 5 is poorly worded. I assume you don't want us to mail an ammo box to you, but rather a form. I suggest the following revision:

5. A Geocache Application must be submitted to the Springbrook Nature Center using the online registration form.

If "Application" isn't the right word, the appropriate word may be substituted, like "Registration Form".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
andysuave
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no affiliation with springbrook, other than I like to go there with the kids. I got their monthly newsletter with this in it.
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
Caches must not be buried and must be accessible when the geocacher has both feet on the ground.

Geocaches must be relocated or removed within 12 months of placement. This ensures new caches and locations are available for new geocacher challenges.

Yep standard rules. I don't know what they mean by "geocacher has both feet on the ground. " it all depends on how tall you are.

The 1 year rule i've never heard of but I like it. It's cool to have new caches each year.

sir_zman wrote:
I'm not sure if you are part of the Springbrook Nature Center or not, but number 5 is poorly worded. I assume you don't want us to mail an ammo box to you, but rather a form. I suggest the following revision:

5. A Geocache Application must be submitted to the Springbrook Nature Center using the online registration form.

If "Application" isn't the right word, the appropriate word may be substituted, like "Registration Form".

I totally agree. That is something that shouldn't stay like that.

Last edited by sigilwig44 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andysuave wrote:
Fridley is basically between Minneapolis and Coon Rapids.

Thanks. There wasn't any location information in the original post so I wasn't really clear where it was.
swfan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Springbrook nature center Reply with quote

Quote:
10. Geocaches must be relocated or removed within 12 months of placement. This ensures new caches and locations are available for new geocacher challenges.

I thought caches had to be placed for long term.
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Springbrook nature center Reply with quote

swfan wrote:
Quote:

Not always.
MN.Fruitcake
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Springbrook nature center Reply with quote

swfan wrote:
Quote:

Long term is relative and different depending on who you ask. 12 months satisfies the long term requirements for Groundspeak.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Springbrook nature center Reply with quote

swfan wrote:
Quote:

Code:

Geocache Permanence: Geocaches are placed for the long term. Geocachers will expect your cache to remain in place for a realistic and extended period of time. Therefore, caches that have the goal to move ("traveling caches"), or temporary caches (caches hidden for less than 3 months or for events) will not be published.

X51hz
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Springbrook nature center Reply with quote

andysuave wrote:
From what I have seen most of these Rules are no different than most parks, other than the fact you have to remove it after a year. Will as many people take the effort to place quality caches??

Springbrook Geocaching Rules
1. Caches must not be buried and must be accessible when the geocacher has both feet on the ground.
2. Caches must be public. No member-only or subscription caches are allowed.
3. Caches must be placed so that existing trails can be used to get close to the cache. All caches must be placed within 1/10 mile of existing asphalt or mowed trails.
4. Placement of geocaches within the maintained landscape plantings is prohibited.
6. Geocaches must not contain items that are offensive, dangerous or illegal.
7. Access to geocaches will be subject to the Springbrook policies, including hours of operation, designated trail uses, maintenance standards and natural resource management activities.
8. Springbrook retains the right to remove a cache when its in an inappropriate location, or if it is not registered with the Nature Center.
9. Each person may place a maximum of 3 caches within Springbrook Nature Center. No more than 20 caches will be allowed within Springbrook at one time.

I find #3 kind of funny since most of the trails are wood board walks or dirt path in the woods.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: