MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recent Pizza Night in Rochester area

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Recent Pizza Night in Rochester area Reply with quote

We recently held a pizza event in the Rochester area and only 5 locals attended. The other 16 were from Albert Lea, Bixby, Austin, and the Twin Cities. To those in the Rochester area, what would have made this event more attendable? Were there sporting events, homeshow events, etc. going on that were a big draw? The weather certainly cooperated! After an overwhelming Breakfast Buddies in the area less than a year ago I thought we should come back to the area and find a space that would hold everyone. We did that and then "no one" showed up. Perhaps there are plenty of other events being held in the area that the MnGCA doesn't need to? Let us know your thoughts!
salsman
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question. I went back and crunched some numbers from the breakfast event last February. Of the 42 attendees 13 were local (a little under 31%). At the latest event 5 of the 16 attendees were local (a little over 31%). We're certainly consistent Very Happy.

Breakfast at the Honker is a very popular place for both locals and non-locals alike, which might have had something to do with the high turnout. In fact some of the local attendees I haven't seen at events prior to that one (nor have I seen them since).

I wish the turnout at some of our events was higher too. Some of us "regular" attendees have been having discussions for future events we hope will be a bigger draw. What I can say from experience is caching down here (unfortunately) grinds to a screeching halt between November and April despite the best attempts from many of us to keep it active.
kc9gbo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I can be considered local enough to chime in, I heard about it from Salsman and considered going if I made it that way but never did. I've managed to attend several events in the Rochester area this last year and like I say I put it on the possible list but just never made it. For me the issue was other plans took over that day.
pattenclan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We certainly had a blast attending this one!!! We got to meet the infamous BW and Archer...as well as caught up again with salsman and accordiangal. I was surprised by how many made it down from the Cities. I know we plan on trying to make it out for some of Rochester's events over the course of this year for sure!

I will agree with salsman's evaluation of the caching scene down here. Many people go by the addage of "once the camper/boat gets put away, the GPS gets hung up". I guess we are a bit more extreme than others...as we have been out caching (or attempting to) just a BIT here recently. Laughing
mazzmn
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly wasn't the weather or the location for...twas a conflict that caused me to miss....but it would be an easy one to miss being south of town and all
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Southern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: