MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BadgeGen
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: BadgeGen Reply with quote

Has anyone done a BadgeGen badge? If so how did you do it? I get to the download stage download it and try to open it and it does nothing. Do you need GSAK stats in your profile to do it? If you don't how do I get them in my profile? Thanks everyone.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Tech Talk.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that Aix sponsa uses them in her profile.
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadgeGen is a gsak plugin so you have to have it (gsak) installed to use it. Once you have gsak installed, then when you download and run the BadgeGen macro it will install it into gsak.

Once you have it installed, you do Macro->Run and then double click BadgeGen from the installed macros.

From there it's pretty easy and it generates the HTML that you then need to copy and paste into your profile on gc.com.
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WestSideDaddy wrote:
BadgeGen is a gsak plugin so you have to have it (gsak) installed to use it. Once you have gsak installed, then when you download and run the BadgeGen macro it will install it into gsak.

Once you have it installed, you do Macro->Run and then double click BadgeGen from the installed macros.

From there it's pretty easy and it generates the HTML that you then need to copy and paste into your profile on gc.com.

Do you need to pay to get GSAK?
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigilwig44 wrote:

No, you don't HAVE to, but it's a good way to support the program creator (who I believe works on GSAK full time now with no other regular income).

http://gsak.net/
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
sigilwig44 wrote:

No, you don't HAVE to, but it's a good way to support the program creator (who I believe works on GSAK full time now with no other regular income).

Where is the link to the spot where you DON'T have to pay? Thanks.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigilwig44 wrote:
Pear Head wrote:
sigilwig44 wrote:

Where is the link to the spot where you DON'T have to pay? Thanks.

You did go to the link I quoted above, right? It's pretty clearly stated in the third paragraph on that page:

Code:
GSAK is FREE to download and use, but after 21 days of unrestricted use you get a nag screen.

The word "FREE" is actually in red print on his page.
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is worth the one time price. It gets upgraded often.
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WestSideDaddy wrote:

I have it set so that the output from BadgeGen goes into one of the custom output fields of GSAK. I run the Stats Gen after that and the BadgeGen information sits inside my GSAK stat output. That way you can skip the double pasting.
qwerty2582
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the combine it with GenUploadStats, and you can click 1 button, let everything auto-run, and auto-post to your profile with no copy/pasting Smile
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
You did go to the link I quoted above, right? It's pretty clearly stated in the third paragraph on that page:

Code:

GSAK is FREE to download and use, but after 21 days of unrestricted use you get a nag screen.

The word "FREE" is actually in red print on his page.

Oops I did. I must be blind or something. Thanks for the info. I'm going to try it.
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have GSAK downloaded and I've imported all my waypoints in, but I can't figure out how to get the stats into my profile Evil or Very Mad. Can anyone help me? And once I get the stats into my profile how do I get the BadgeGen add on? Thanks.
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigilwig44 wrote:
Ok, I have GSAK downloaded and I've imported all my waypoints in, but I can't figure out how to get the stats into my profile Evil or Very Mad. Can anyone help me? And once I get the stats into my profile how do I get the BadgeGen add on? Thanks.

If you have the stats gen macro installed, you just run that and it will generate the html for your stats. You then need to copy and paste it into your profile.

Actually the easier thing is to use the genuploadstats here http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=10364&view=findpost&p=131183

and run that. It will ask for your username and password but then it will upload your stats automatically for you.

The best way to set it up is

1. Install genuploadstats macro
2. Install badgegen macro
3. Install statsgen macro

Use this tutorial to get them all installed and setup to run automatically

http://badgegen.com/fsg_integration.html
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: RE: Reply with quote

WestSideDaddy wrote:
If you have the stats gen macro installed, you just run that and it will generate the html for your stats. You then need to copy and paste it into your profile.

Actually the easier thing is to use the genuploadstats here http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=10364&view=findpost&p=131183

and run that. It will ask for your username and password but then it will upload your stats automatically for you.

The best way to set it up is

1. Install genuploadstats macro
2. Install badgegen macro
3. Install statsgen macro

Use this tutorial to get them all installed and setup to run automatically

http://badgegen.com/fsg_integration.html

Ok, I have the stats macro installed, I click run and it does something than it launches Internet Explorer and it give me some very VERY basic stats. What do I do to get the complex stats?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: