MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BadgeGen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are using the FindStatGen macro right?

When the screen pops up, you need to click the options button and then go in and configure what stats you want. You can enable and disable all the different maps and charts and stats. Change the order of them them , etc.

sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WestSideDaddy wrote:
You are using the FindStatGen macro right?

Actually, no. I was using the "stats" macro. Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a shot.
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: RE: Reply with quote

OK, so bear with me for one more question. I downloaded the macro you told me to, and I opened it up and it did it's job... except for one thing that you told me it would, this screen:

I never got that part. I did everything you told me to and then I got to the final step, then it launched my browser and then it showed my stats there... not the HTML. How do I get the HTML? Thanks.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the web page it created for you, you go to the HTML Source and copy it out to be pasted into your profile. Right-click, select View Source.

Simple as that.
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Reply with quote

sigilwig44 wrote:
OK, so bear with me for one more question. I downloaded the macro you told me to, and I opened it up and it did it's job... except for one thing that you told me it would, this screen:

I never got that part. I did everything you told me to and then I got to the final step, then it launched my browser and then it showed my stats there... not the HTML. How do I get the HTML? Thanks.

To get this screen you need to click on the 'Section Order' button.

To get the code to post to your profile, you need to view the page source (most browsers, right click and select view page source) and copy everything between the <BODY> and the </BODY> (not including that text)

Then paste that into the profile edit page on gc.com

You best bet is to install the other macro, genuploadstats which will automate that last part for you.
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I think we got off track here somewhere. You also wanted to get BadgeGen running.

Once you have findstats working the way you want, you can get badgegen integrated with it by doing the following.

Install BadgeGen macro.

Run it and when the options screen come up, on the lower letft is the other options section

Click the "Run another macro...: button, then click the folder icon and select FindStatGen.gsk (or FindStatGen42Beta.gsk if you have the beta installed). From the main GSAK screen you can use Tools->Folder Finder and select Macros to find out where the macro files are stored.

Then check Supress Preview and Automatically add badges to FindStatGen notes. I use settings group 1 and section B.

Then run it. It will do its thing, then lauch the FindStatGen macro and generate that with the badges in the B Notes section. You will need to open the section order screen from FSG and make sure that the B notes section is enabled.
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: RE: Reply with quote

Really? Between the <BODY> and </BODY> codes is about 700 lines of HTML. Do I really need that much? I don't have an account so I can't use the "GenUploadStats" macro. After I get all my stats up and running i'll get the "BadgeGen" macro going too.
salsman
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
On the web page it created for you, you go to the HTML Source and copy it out to be pasted into your profile. Right-click, select View Source.

Simple as that.

It's even simpler than that. After running FindStatGen3 the html source is placed into your clipboard. Just edit your profile and hit Ctrl-A (select all) then Ctrl-V (paste).

Now, today I learn about GenUploadStats which is pretty sweet.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I'm liking this little lesson too. sigilwig44, when you get your profile all done, let us know so I can see if it's something I want to do. Thanks WSD.
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Reply with quote

sigilwig44 wrote:
Really? Between the <BODY> and </BODY> codes is about 700 lines of HTML. Do I really need that much? I don't have an account so I can't use the "GenUploadStats" macro. After I get all my stats up and running i'll get the "BadgeGen" macro going too.

Yep. You need all that if you want all the pretty stats.

What I used to do (before it was automated by GenStatUpload) we select all of the text, then paste it into the text area on gc.com and then delete the lines at the top and the bottom.
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, this is, like, helpful and stuff. Thanks, everyone. I'm going to try the auto upload thing next time I run my stats.
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to write a tech article on this for the site.

I will try to glean all the comments and write it up and a single page tutorial and get pearhead or someone to create me a place to post it.
ghost640
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WestSideDaddy wrote:
I was going to write a tech article on this for the site.

I will try to glean all the comments and write it up and a single page tutorial and get pearhead or someone to create me a place to post it.

This would be great - I'd appreciate a note on how to generate a US County Finds map, for some reason, I haven't found where to get that one.

And just a note - if you do regularly use GSAK, consider sending some support to Clyde, he's invested a tremendous amount into this program. You might want to do this when V8 gets out of beta, it looks like a great upgrade.

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=19095
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenUploadStats for the win! Thanks! Worked like a charm.
Aix sponsa
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks much easier than the way I do it. I do the paste in here and in there method to get the information I want where I want it. I've gotten fairly good at speed reading through the HTML. I spent the day today loading up a new computer, so I'll wait for a cold wet day when my stats have changed enough to make it worth my time to have another go at it. I haven't been able to get the county maps to work. I do look forward to seeing if I can't get that running.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: