MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7 cache size challenge?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
Quote:

Just a question: If you hide a Challenge cache do you have to have completed the challenge yourself before hand? It's not like you can log your own challenge cache -- well you can, but that would be frowned on.

Just wondering. Thanks.

Code:

Challenge cache owners must demonstrate that the challenge is attainable.  Reviewers may ask the cache owner to demonstrate that they have previously met the challenge and/or that a substantial number of other geocachers would be able to do so.

I guess my link didn't get included.

http://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=206
MN.Fruitcake
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooklyn51 wrote:
The question wasn't about logging it--that we know the etiquette there--it was about having to complete the challenge to show it is legitimate.
But after a bit of research beyond this forum, I think the answer is that it is up to the reviewer.

Sorry, I've been a little tied up lately.

Yes, in the end it is a judgement call of the reviewer to ask for more information. If the reviewer questions if the challenge is attainable or not then they may ask the owner to demonstrate that it is attainable. This can normally be done either by demonstrating how you meeting the requirements yourself or demonstrating how a substantial number of others meet the requirements. For example, you may not be able to demonstrate how you can meet the requirements of a challenge to find 10,000 caches, but you could list the names of some that have met the requirement.

When reviewing challenges I still regularly refer to the link that KB provided above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: