MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spooks at Hannah's Bend?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Spooks at Hannah's Bend? Reply with quote

Apparently the President is going to be here Monday or Tuesday and will be speaking in Cannon Falls Hannah's Bend Park. I am headed there today to do cache maintenance to see if I can locate two things..

1. My geocaches for the upcoming event.
2. The spooks prescouting the area for the Prez. Spooks, meaning, the Secret Service. Isn't that a term of endearment that TV taught us?

Should be interesting. Maybe you'll read about "that guy hiding containers in the woods surrounding the park perimeter". Laughing
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope you're out of jail in time for your event!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back from visit. A couple of undercover dudes that were more obvious than they think they were. But no snipers hanging out in the trees (yet). Lots of wires wrapped in plastic where they tapped into the local telephone and cable system. Abandoned house next to city pool clearly has "guests".
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The snipers that you can see are not the ones you need to concern yourself with.

Wouldn't it be awesome to have your log signed by a SS agent?
X51hz
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was caching in an area during the last presidential election anfd totally forgot that Mc Cain was speaking at a fundraiser less than a mile away, Secret service members have no sense of humor and if it wasn't for the Anoka county sheriff knowing what geocaching was and calming them down to a slow boil they would have me locked up still. wasn't an enjoyable time and no I didn't find the cache I was searching for, I just walked back to my car and got got out of dodge before they changed there minds.
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what our guys were saying that setup was terrible... super long cable runs for all the satellite trucks, had to bring in a ton of extra lighting... oh the fun of Presidential visits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: