MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Caches cannot encourage placing new caches
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Solo wrote:
How'd we get this, then?
coord.info/gc2vkeh

Don't shoot yourself in the foot.
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MN.Fruitcake wrote:
tonkaMN wrote:
Pear Head wrote:
WestSideDaddy wrote:
Where is this in the cache guidelines. I've been skimming through them and I don't see the seed cache prohibition

http://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=77

Under the third bold heading.

3. Cache pages cannot require, and should not strongly encourage, the placement of caches, particularly chain-letter type series (find this, then plant another in the series). This is an agenda.

Did the fact that I had originally asked others to let me know if they placed a cache from one of the containers taken have much to do with causing your concern that I was violating this rule?

Before this goes down a road I'd rather not go down, I'll tell you that this is my last post in this thread.

The general theme of the cache appeared to be a seed cache for other caches. I incorrectly applied the quoted guideline above in response to that. As I mentioned earlier to you, it was my mistake and I apologize for the confusion it caused.

I'm not trying to be a jerk. I am just trying to figure out why my cache didn't get published right away so that I can avoid doing that again. Also, so that anyone else who reads this will know what another potential issue is to avoid.

It appears that something in the listing caused the reviewer to think that I was encouraging others to place caches. I am not sure if it was that fact that I wrote in the description that I was filling the cache with a bunch of cache containers or (more likely) that I asked cachers to let me know if they placed a cache using one of the containers they took. Either way, the lesson has been learned that you are not to encourage others to place geocaches in your cache listing.

By the way, thanks Fruitcake for all your time and effort to do a good job. It is appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: