MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2011 MnGCA Fantasy Football
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: 2011 MnGCA Fantasy Football Reply with quote

Well the billionaires and millionaires have figured out a way to keep the spark in their romance alive, (enjoy that disturbing mental image of Zygi or Jerry Jones) so that means it is time for our league to once again start up! Look in the coming days for more information, but here is my thought for an "expanded" league. And please share your thoughts, you're the reason behind it all...

My thought for this season is to have 2 leagues... the first one limited to 12 teams, last years owners would get first dibs on slots. It would be more the "professional" league, with a modest $10.00 entry fee per owner. First second and third would win the pot. (most likely 90 20 10 if my math is right) A live draft would be held in this league as well. The second league would feature the max 20 teams again (unless Yahoo has reduced it, I haven't looked) would be free to all, feature an auto draft so you don't have to worry about carving out time to take care of that... and generally geared towards more recreational or first time players.

Thoughts? I am thinking off the top of my head that yes, if you wanted to play in both leagues you could, although being a previous owner will not get you an early invite into the second league, that information will come out at the same time for everyone.

Either way, look for league info to be hitting cyberspace very soon!

The Commish
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to play in either league. At least there are less football games than there are baseball games. Fantasy baseball has about killed me. And I'm not putting in as much work as Gilby
Wildflower82
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoyed last year's season and sounds like a great plan. Sign me up for the first league Smile
psubrian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Count me in! Reply with quote

I didn't play last year, but I would love to play this year! I'm game for both leagues. My second addiction after geocaching is fantasy leagues ... can never be too many.
LabguyMN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: pick me! Reply with quote

I'd be game for the 12-team league if there is room...
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be up for league 1. I didn't do soooo bad last year after I really started to play. However, I think Gilby should be in league 2. I'm sure I'm not alone here! Laughing
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in playing
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up for league 1!
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK last year's owners should have an e-mail invite into the "professional" league. That is the 12 team league, $10.00 entry fee (paypal is probably the easiest method, or if you see me at an event... I'll get a note out on the league board with all the details.) Previous owners have until Sunday morning to sign up, then it will be opened up to the masses, with the second league opened up probably at the same time, if all works according to plan.

Enjoy!
Wildflower82
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was in last year's league, but haven't seen the e-mail invite yet for the 12 team league?
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I tried to join it said:

There was a problem
There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. To join, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning. (Error #638)
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

msteffel wrote:
When I tried to join it said:

There was a problem
There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. To join, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning. (Error #638)

Ditto. (I guess EP got her wish Crying or Very sad )

However, if I'm still allowed, please accept this as my reservation on League #1 (or should we just call it Gilby's little savings fund) Twisted Evil
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With money on the line I think the Fluffy Bunnies could find time for League 1.
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

League 1 update:

Yahoo did not inform me of the potential error when creating the league, thank you Yahoo... so I have re-created the league... sooooo I will not e-mail out invites to recreate that mess, instead e-mail me your wish to join, the first 12 in order of e-mails received will get the e-mail invite from Yahoo...

To reduce my e-mail load just a tad I will accept the following as already in:

MSteffel
Gilby
The Mrs.
Me

(Namely because of the error they would already be in if it wasn't there... the rest of last year's league, e-mail me, you have until Sunday and then it is open to anyone else... also Sunday look for the open league info-- maybe Monday if I get too busy, but hopefully it will all go out Sunday.)

official e-mail entries should be sent to:

mnmizzou at gmail dot com

Good luck on the upcoming season, and BEAT GILBY!
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

The following are also in due to technical errors:

EP
Red
Sandy

Your invites should be going out soon! League 1 is over half filled...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: