MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wolf activity

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mn-treker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:36 am    Post subject: Wolf activity Reply with quote

I have been informed of New Wolf activity.
Sometime in 2015 a pack of Wolves settled in the Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve. Located Just east of Hwy 65 and 237th AVE NE
The pack was of fair size and has produced pups. The USDA had to call in some trappers
due to the Wolves killing calves and dogs in the area. Six Wolves were trapped but a
large number have not been caught. These Wolves could be anywhere now. This is no hoax,
the DNR has asked hunters to report any Wolf sightings to the DNR.
Be proactive out there and watch your dogs.
AustinMN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Wolf activity Reply with quote

Mn-treker wrote:
Sometime in 2015 a pack of Wolves settled in the Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve. Located Just east of Hwy 65 and 237th AVE NE
The pack was of fair size and has produced pups. The USDA had to call in some trappers
due to the Wolves killing calves and dogs in the area. Six Wolves were trapped but a
large number have not been caught. These Wolves could be anywhere now. This is no hoax,

That is a beautiful and scenic area. The caches in the area are really nice.

Thanks for the info. This area is less than 10 miles from my home...
AustinMN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Wolf activity Reply with quote

AustinMN wrote:
Mn-treker wrote:

That is a beautiful and scenic area. The caches in the area are really nice.

Thanks for the info. This area is less than 10 miles from my home...

I think I should clarify...the caches are in Fish Lake Nature Center, which is/used to be part of Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve. The rest of the preserve is closed to the public.
Mn-treker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true. But the wolves have been coming out . The DNR expects wolf sightings to increase in the entire area. Many of which have geocache. The six wolves trapped were adults. The pups and other adults are still out there.
AustinMN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the wolves are out there. On two occasions over the past couple years, I have heard them from my home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: