MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why does it seem like new caches are down in numbers?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
former hawkeye
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject: Why does it seem like new caches are down in numbers? Reply with quote

In my area, Fargo/Moorhead the number of cachers hiding is really down. There is only one other person that is hiding besides myself.

Is everyone switching to that Pokey man craze?
dmnrec
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a lot of area finders? If so, maybe host an event to get people together...sometimes "spreading the fever" helps.
former hawkeye
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next event in the area is Sunday, Sept 11th. The last event was not well attended in May-there were 4 of us and two of them were the host and hostess that I took them out caching afterward, so they could get a FTF that I hide because of the event.

Most of the finders are just passing through "fly over" territory. Most of the regulars have quit finding also, so I was thinking that people must be doing the latest electronic "thing".
ChaosWarning
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've still got a couple of hides I am working on, but with school starting this past week I haven't had as much time for geocaching. Hopefully I will be able to get some stuff done in the next couple of months, but a lot of that depends on how busy I end up being.

Right now I am thinking we will be at the September 11th event, unless plans change and we end up being out of town.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: