MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back in the day FTF's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beagleboo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Back in the day FTF's Reply with quote

I was surprised finding a couple of FTF's today VIA E-MAIL notification. IN THE DAY. Rolling Eyes SurferJoe would do his thing, and then came early evening everyone would be notified via e-mail and regularly met at GZ for a surprise group find and FTF party! Now its phone apps 24/7 for one or two finders able to make the FTF within minutes of publishing prior to others making the attempt. Sad
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're not first, you're last. That's the FTF game. Cool If you can't get there first you need to change your methods. Those FTF parties were fun though.
Troutonthebrain
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that! 2009, FreiGuy and mnfishnutz and I were competing over the Plymouth/Maple Grove publishes. We'd sit around at 5-5:30 pm or so waiting for emails to come in saying "Surfer Joe published..." and just hoped it said either "... .05 miles from your home coordinates" or at least" miles WEST of your home coordinates." Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: