MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Log Of The Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, THAT's why (s)he wasn't on the bus!
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

threenow24 wrote:
Take a guess who...

Found it

08/12/2012

Visit this log entry:
http://coord.info/GL9099AJ

Visit Eagle Mountain:
http://coord.info/GC2XXZG

I'm pretty sure we plan on doing this next month. Gonna be "close"
mnfishnutz
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My goodness! Well that log is worth a million TFTCs, literally! Inspiration to hide good caches and to email them to come find it! Laughing
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

threenow24 wrote:
Take a guess who...

Found it

08/12/2012

This was my second expedition to the highest point in Minnesota. The first was about 20 years ago with my brother and a couple of friends. This time we mounted our expedition of five, which included my brother, his son, my son and his four year old (Frenchy), around 11:00am with perfect weather. At the trailhead we met two guys coming in that had spent the night at the peak watching the Perseids Meteor Shower. They said that it was great show and mentioned something about 67 events? We had camped at the Cascade River National Forest Campground just south of the Trailhead in hammocks. We were in a heavily forested area with a limited view of the sky and the only event we recorded was when the four year old took a dump right in the middle of the campsite. We all laughed uproariously as the dad picked up after him just as if he had been a longtime dog owner from an urban landscape. We made a really quick pace for the first few 1000 yards while everyone suffered from "bagititis", then started a more casual pace. It is interesting that with rugged terrain as this you tend to watch the ground most of time and rarely look around into the forest. We stopped numerous times to photograph many of the strange fungi growing along the path. Most interesting was the Cortinariuis violaceus, commonly known by our group as Purple Pride. I guess it is edible but leaves a bitter aftertaste especially if consumed late in the season particular near the playoffs. Our "team" split up numerous times, with each member wandering off muttering, "Hey, Look at that!" Luckily the trail is well defined although strewn with rocks and roots and we all met up at the top. We took some unchoreographed "Bolting" photos, read the plaque and wandered around the summit taking in the views. We had planned to have wienies at the summit for lunch, but had forgotten our stoves and the lack of current volcanic activity forced us to eat our wienies cold. With an unsatisfying lunch consumed we began a leisurely stroll back with the lead being alternated between our 1st Class Scout and the Little Frenchman. My brother and his son reconned the South Whale Lake Campsite on the way back, making wolf howls from the under brush as we approached. When Frenchy heard the howls he rushed into the brush with his walking stick flailing at the bushes. I doubt whether my brother will pull that stunt again as he took quite a beating. Back at the trailhead we downed all the liquids we could find in our transport vehicle "Calypso", which immediately caused the Frenchman to begin "marking" all of the tires of the vehicles in the lot. Those four year olds are just like puppies, constantly wanting attention and peeing on everything!

Visit this log entry:
http://coord.info/GL9099AJ

Visit Eagle Mountain:
http://coord.info/GC2XXZG

That Frenchy is a little devil!
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought this one was pretty funny. Posted on one of my puzzle caches. Guy went to the posted cords and posted this "found" log, complete with picture:

"No. I ain't digging in a public garbage can for you to get a good laugh out of making lemmings of game players. You can take your cache and stick it up your ash! A-hole. 08/15/12."

I guess one should always add a "Not at Posted Coords."
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeltaMikeAlpha found The KB Challenge: 100 Caches, 1 Day (Unknown Cache) at 8/13/2012

Log Date: 8/13/2012
Hey KB! See this big S###-eating grin on my face [Very Happy]? Know what that means? No, not that I got to spend a couple of days in Watertown SD working on this Challenge. Of course, that was the reason for heading there, so I could complete this Challenge. No, this big S###-eating grin [Very Happy] is because by now completing this Challenge, I now qualify for 'The KB Challenges: a Baker's Dozen' (GC1BR7C). How sweet is that??

BTW, on Friday, 08/10/12 I found 3 caches in MN, 2 caches in ND and over 150 caches in SD. See, there's some good that comes from power trails! The log here was pretty wet when I opened the bag. I dried it out for about 10 minutes before signing it but it was still a bit damp at that point. I left it outside of the bag in the container hoping that it would dry up a bit more.

TFTC&Challenge!!

[Very Happy][Very Happy][Very Happy][Very Happy][Very Happy][Very Happy][Very Happy][Very Happy][Very Happy][Very Happy]

Visit this log entry at the below address:
http://coord.info/GL90R7WZ

Visit The KB Challenge: 100 Caches, 1 Day
http://coord.info/GC1GHRN
RyanLisaKayla
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharknose Bunnies wrote:
Thought this one was pretty funny. Posted on one of my puzzle caches. Guy went to the posted cords and posted this "found" log, complete with picture:

"No. I ain't digging in a public garbage can for you to get a good laugh out of making lemmings of game players. You can take your cache and stick it up your ash! A-hole. 08/15/12."

Wow. Assuming this was serious and not some kind of joke, why would you say something like that so new into your caching career to someone so well established? AND, the other thing that strikes me as really odd is that even if you didn't notice that this is a mystery cache and didn't realize that it wasn't at the posted coordinates, given the picture, why would you assume it is IN the garbage can? I see a black metal pole nearby, a water spigot, and not to mention a bush! So many beacons!
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it pretty much baffled me too.

I don't think he's joking though.

I sent him a polite email pointing out that puzzles aren't usually at the posted coordinates and mentioning a couple of other things as well (he's been posting photos of the hiding places and the containers on his other finds).

I'm curious if he'll respond, but he has signed up for a premium membership, so that's something.
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And after the inappropriate post, he logged your cache as a find! His pictures of the caches pretty much lead you right to them - I'm surprised other COs haven't deleted those logs. (But maybe there were many more that have been deleted.)

I'm also curious if he will respond.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharknose Bunnies wrote:

And he logged it as a find? I'd either delete his log, or report it for language. my 2 pennies.
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All's well. He apologized twice and deleted his log after I contacted him.
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
His pictures of the caches pretty much lead you right to them - I'm surprised other COs haven't deleted those logs. (But maybe there were many more that have been deleted.)

Cache owners are not notified when someone posts pictures in their logs, unless they specifically state they are posting photos. So, unless the CO starts flipping through the galleries of their cache pages, they wouldn't know that there are give away photos.
mnfishnutz
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We loved the vocabulary used in this one:

Quote:
spstanley found Phenarvelous (Traditional Cache) at 8/20/2012

Log Date: 8/20/2012
This cache would have been phantasmagorical were it not for the barking dogs that
wanted to know what I was up to. Thanks for the cache!

http://coord.info/GL929M7N

Visit Phenarvelous
http://coord.info/GC3T9MP

Profile for spstanley:
http://coord.info/PR37JZT
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boreal Walker wrote:
Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
His pictures of the caches pretty much lead you right to them - I'm surprised other COs haven't deleted those logs. (But maybe there were many more that have been deleted.)

Cache owners are not notified when someone posts pictures in their logs, unless they specifically state they are posting photos. So, unless the CO starts flipping through the galleries of their cache pages, they wouldn't know that there are give away photos.
I have notified CO's of spoiler pictures just for this reason. Sometimes they don't mind, but they aren't always aware of them and appreciate the heads up.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9Key posted a note for Cache Swap - Minnesota to Texas (Traditional Cache) at 8/21/2012

Log Date: 8/21/2012

Quote:
"thank you" has one less letter than "tftc TSLS sl" and is much more pleasant and gives just as much info.

http://coord.info/GL92QF61

Visit Traditional Cache: Cache Swap - Minnesota to Texas
http://coord.info/GCXKAH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 7 of 18

Jump to: