MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Log Of The Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my favorite log EVER. Laughing
Magsmark
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from one of my caches - GC31GQP Into the Eyes of the Dragon

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=4ae4282d-2df1-4085-82fc-f4ecf706dd1d

The dragon looked at me with disdain. "Why do you come to me today?" the dragon said. Metal dragons talk?? Well, this one did to me. He roared, "When are they going to free me from this spell that keeps me half in the ground?" My hands were shaking as I told him the wizard was working on it. I finally asked of him, "Can you tell me where the magic scroll is located?" "HA! Always they come to me for a favor. But tell the wizard, that after this, no more favors until I'm released!!!" He made me come close, so only I could hear. I was afraid he was going to "bite" my head off, but he told me the location and made me promise not to tell. I signed the scroll, returned and ran from his sight. Will you be next to ask the dragon?? Good luck. TFTCSL ps. Fun cache
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a few interesting ones on the same cache.

Wow was this an adventure. Sister and I got to GZ by way of bikes. I was at one end of a big log and she was at the other end. All of a sudden I here a splash, the log had shifted and she slid down the steep embankment into the creek that is running high and swift. I watched in absolute horror as she went completely under water and vanished. Then as I continued to watch in disbelief, she bobbed back up to the surface. As she was being carried swiftly downstream, she was trying to grab at anything on the steep embankment but was unable to get a good grip on anything for a few long seconds. Finally, she was able to grab and hold onto an overhanging branch and pull herself out. I have to hand it to her. She jumped up and started looking for the cache without skipping a beat (pure adrenaline) and found it. I'm trying to get her to address the hypothermia issue and she's signing the *#@*! log.
As she stripped off her drenched, filthy top and sweatshirt, I took off my brand new windproof, water repellant biking jacket and gave it to her. Back on the bikes for a 25 minute ride to the vehicle. Along the way I kept telling her, "You don't look too bad." "Really!" (just like a drowned rat but hey, you're alive and that's all that counts) We then drove 45 minutes to her townhouse for a hot shower.
Who says this isn't an adventurous sport? TFTC

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=08422737-397e-4fdd-a584-7b3f827105f6
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another by you know who...

Captain, I found the remains of the Doomsday Machine, but was unable to extract the dylithiuim crystals. They may have broken free in the crash and landed on left shore of the creek. Requesting to be beamed to the "right" shore. Captain.... Dam....Communicator frequency appears to be jammed...

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=23fba35e-eca9-4dc0-a209-9849fb222476

Got to go to the page to see the photos.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jREST found Embrace of the Vampire (1995) (Traditional Cache) at 12/3/2011

Log Date: 12/3/2011

Not a single vampire was spotted out in the forest today. Think with all the blow down in the area, they are completly freaked out about all the "wooden stakes" all over the forest. So with the coast clear of vampires, jonsom and I went in for the find. TNLNSL - TFTC

Visit this log entry at the below address:
http://coord.info/GL7232XZ

Visit Embrace of the Vampire (1995)
http://coord.info/GC309H2
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best DNF log.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
Best DNF log.

You guys have way too much fun. Wink
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:
Best DNF log.

You guys have way too much fun. Wink

It's never boring, that's for sure!
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunceboy found NOT Another Micro (McCormick Lake) (Traditional Cache) at 1/6/2012

Log Date: 1/6/2012
Code:

Roaming around in the forest today.  Temperature in the low to mid 40's today.  TFTC.  Just a few steps northeast of the parking area found a dead bear about 10' off the trail on the way to the cache.  Wonder what the story is.

http://coord.info/GL77DVP3

Visit NOT Another Micro (McCormick Lake)
http://coord.info/GC2D15M
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what caching is all about.. this made my entire weekend.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=e2189dcc-fb51-456f-a3bf-ab7b66df6980

Quote:
Cache #5000!! Yeah!

When this (and the others in the vicinity) came out, I knew I had to come down for another visit. This is such a great spot to cache and hike. I had my eye on a handful of other caches in the vicinity that would have been worthy milestone ventures, but ultimately I chose this one snce I knew the area from previous visits, it looked challenging, and would provide a good hike. It certainly did not disappoint.

I hiked to this one first, saving the others on the area for my return trip. Some great views of the rocks and Cannon River, and even spied a few trout. Lots of birds out too, and a couple of ruffed grouse nearly did me in at one point. I also came across a cement plaque on the ground, put there by boy scout troop 118. It was also cool to see the spring bubbling up water just as I made my ascent to the cache itself.

Was glad to have the trail coord's - helped getting a good path to GZ. Fun walk to the cache, and great views of the valley below. Finally at GZ I began my search, and what a search it was. I kinda knew what I needed to do, but getting to each spot to check for the cache proved interesting. Here, there, I kept checking. I finally got a good read on where I wanted to go, and bingo - there it was - #5000 was safely in hand. I pulled out the cache, signed in, and reflected on all the fun places (including this one) that I've visited caching (since Sept. '06). There have been so many cool spots I've seen, people I've met, and areas I've never known existed. What a fun ride it's been, and I'm glad I chose this cache to reach the milestone. The ratings proved accurate on all fronts.

After snapping some photos and dropping a new TB to start its journey, I headed down the trail and off to locate the other caches in this beautiful area. Thanks, bflentje, for placing this challenging cache and providing the fun and adventure. It was very memorable.
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has to be the funniest string of logs I have ever read. The cache owner logs the FTF on his own cache.

the library
pattenclan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:
This has to be the funniest string of logs I have ever read. The cache owner logs the FTF on his own cache.

the library

That IS a good one!!!!!!!

Sadly, I can identify with the CO...only put the "cache" inside a house with 4 kids...and them be the cachers. Oftentimes I think their onboard GPSrs fail to receive satallite signals within the house, as the "cache" keeps getting a DNF lol!
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:

the library

tears running down my cheeks!
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruderat posted a note for I blame Kitch. (Travel Bug Dog Tag) at 2/27/2012

Log Date: 2/27/2012

My jeep breaks down in Northern Minnesota, leaving me stranded in a log cabin for a week and a half with a snowmobile but no snow, wine but no corkscrew, a dog but no dog food and three pair of socks. Itís quite clear the only one to blame is Kitch.

http://coord.info/TL2NMBJ6
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
tonkaMN wrote:

the library

tears running down my cheeks!

Not only FTF but multiple finds of their own cache... that one is seriously funny!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14

Jump to: