MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Log Of The Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one for you.. I own a cache, hidden up in a climbable tree, climbable even for the most timid. The cache is rated 2.5/3.5. I get a kick out logs like this:

Quote:
Out with BHS4Jas for the day and this one was just crazy. We think someone helped make this cache extra challenging because we found the cache twenty feet up a tree. One of our younger cachers climbed the tree and with a little help knocked it down. We signed the log and placed it back in the tree - jut lower (but not too low).

Why do cachers feel compelled to interpret how the cache should be hidden? STOP SCREWING WITH MY HIDES. If you don't like em, stay out of the woods.
jrest
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEH I have one that I hid on the ground and finders keep putting it in the tree... Go figure???
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrest wrote:
HEH I have one that I hid on the ground and finders keep putting it in the tree... Go figure???

That is odd...maybe you should have a finder place it back where it should be...
...oh, wait...you did that!!! Laughing Wink Laughing
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one I ran across while looking at a puzzle cache today:

9/10/2011 'Please give me the coordinates'

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC2Y4C8

Who needs to solve the puzzles, just ask for the coordinates?
mnfishnutz
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just had to post this log we received today from JJnTJ...
Quote:
JJnTJ found Cachestrophic Ensemble (Unknown Cache) at 11/3/2011

Log Date: 11/3/2011
Crikey, this was a tough one. It turns out I had only a few digits wrong, but since those were on the left-hand side of the decimal point, my final was on some weird white thing in some woods about six miles northwest of the posted coordinates. Those coordinates didn't pass the geochecker, but curiosity was starting to rear its ugly head and honestly I've had enough of those kinds of consequences. It takes a toll on a guy.

So this morning, fresh off an epic puzzle solve yesterday, I decided this one was going to crack! I was armed with a nudge towards the general area, which helped me get the minutes down, and from there I was only one digit off. Rock! I decided to pick it up on my lunchbreak today. Or should I call it my "anklebreak"? GZ was treacherous! Just a few days ago mnfishnutz tried to gouge out an eye, and now he was going after my ankles! Some people! The find was mercifully quick and I fashioned a splint and made a rudimentary crutch out of some branches and an old
stroller and hobbled back to my car, a broken, humbled man.

Thanks for the puzzle, cache, and coordinates to that sweet stroller carcass, mnfishnutz! Now where'd I put the coordinates for that white thing...

Laughing For those who don't know the "Just a few days ago mnfishnutz tried to gouge out an eye" was from a few days ago when he got a FTF on a cache of ours in a VERY pointy cedar. Hope you guys are laughing as much as we did, and if you don't know him it is funnier if you do.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:

That is way easier than asking a previous solver; I may have to try it the next time I am stumped!
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
tonkaMN wrote:

That is way easier than asking a previous solver; I may have to try it the next time I am stumped!

Let me know if it works!
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KaitN found Day 1 - Powerline Trail - Look at the M (Traditional Cache) at 11/4/2011

Log Date: 11/4/2011
Code:

Finally, a woodsy cache that was very easy to locate.  Unfortunately, the caching Powers That Be made up for the ease of finding this cache by entangling about 20 burs in my hair.

I was holding a very cranky toddler as I was putting the cache back, so I apologize for not taking proper care with the logbook.  I just had to get out of there ASAP, I did not want to spend another second in the woods knowing that we were close enough to civilization that there were probably many people who could hear the screaming baby in the woods.  You know how it is.  So I hope that someone else finds the cache soon and takes care to make sure the logbook is properly wrapped and sealed.

I can only imagine what the people in the parking lot must have been thinking as they watched me emerge from the woods while carrying a crying child, both of us covered in burs.  My 9-yr-old dutifully volunteered to help me remove the burs from my hair, trying his darndest not to hurt me, then very diplomatically suggested that I "might wanna take a shower."  Ha ha, good guy, that.  I like having him around.  I also like a good conditioner.

Visit this log entry at the below address:
http://coord.info/GL6WJQ2Q

Visit Day 1 - Powerline Trail - Look at the M
http://coord.info/GC19QNJ

Profile for KaitN:
http://coord.info/PR5WJJA
gdawgs
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is out of one of my caches called "Dolphins at Sea". I didn't name it, my daughter did. It is located near the shore of a lake.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=59e8597e-fbba-420c-95d0-90759867a692

"With a great deal frustration, I wandered back and forth along the shore. I finally sat out on the willow over the water and tried to sing a few Dolphin Songs. Within moments there was a great deal of splashing and loud outbursts urging me to stop the god awful sounds I was making. I told the Mer "person" that I would quit if she would help me with this cache. She said she could not leave the water but had seen a few other "of you landlubbers poking around over there" as she pointed towards the shore. "Here?", I said. To which she splashed me again and said, "More to your starboard! Ya goofy toneless dork!" I was able to quickly make the find after the "gracious" help of the local indigenous inhabitant. Soaked, yet pleased, I scampered back up the hill and made my escape before the wily mer tried to enchant me or some other despicable thing. Ya never know what might happen deep in the western prairies!"
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gdawgs wrote:
This is out of one of my caches called "Dolphins at Sea". I didn't name it, my daughter did. It is located near the shore of a lake.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=59e8597e-fbba-420c-95d0-90759867a692

"With a great deal frustration, I wandered back and forth along the shore. I finally sat out on the willow over the water and tried to sing a few Dolphin Songs. Within moments there was a great deal of splashing and loud outbursts urging me to stop the god awful sounds I was making. I told the Mer "person" that I would quit if she would help me with this cache. She said she could not leave the water but had seen a few other "of you landlubbers poking around over there" as she pointed towards the shore. "Here?", I said. To which she splashed me again and said, "More to your starboard! Ya goofy toneless dork!" I was able to quickly make the find after the "gracious" help of the local indigenous inhabitant. Soaked, yet pleased, I scampered back up the hill and made my escape before the wily mer tried to enchant me or some other despicable thing. Ya never know what might happen deep in the western prairies!"

HOW did I know who wrote that? Classic ...

Thanks for posting.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
gdawgs wrote:

Thanks for posting.

Yup, that was my first thought also.
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
gdawgs wrote:

Thanks for posting.

I give up, was it rickrich? Wink
mnfishnutz
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another log we got today. It is short but sweet and the best part is I couldn't get to the spot either! Embarassed My son climbed out to the cache spot which is a pretty slick terrain. Here it is...
Quote:
Log Date: 11/7/2011
mnfishnutz and Troutonthebrain must think I'm only 39 still. They're wrong. Anyway, I got it! TFTC TNLNSL.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
kablooey found King Boreas meets King Kamehameha (Traditional Cache) at 11/10/2011

Log Date: 11/10/201113:57.

Consecutive Day 3040. Saw this KB cache on the map and had to stop for it. Nice easy find, although I was distracted by a black gecko.{1/1m,gr,h}

Visit this log entry at the below address:
http://coord.info/GL6XVPJV

Visit King Boreas meets King Kamehameha:
http://coord.info/GC21465

Profile for kablooey:
http://coord.info/PR49D2

kablooey is from California. He was the FTF on my 365 day Streak Challenge.
Trekkin' and Birdin'
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We cached with kablooey when we were at Yosemite last month. Nice guy. He has like over 3000 consecutive days of caching! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: